Rubbing my butt

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucretia

Reaction score
Made you look!

The mountain's out and it's 69 degrees. Time for the first smoked pork butt of the year.

Get one pork butt and your favorite rub:

Butt1.jpg

Then rub your butt!

Butt2.jpg

Let it sit in the refrigerator for a while to let the flavor develop. Take it out to warm up a little while you get the smoker ready, and throw it on the smoker with some lump charcoal and chunks of hickory:

Butt3.jpg

Now grab a beer and take a stroll down the street to take a look at the mountain.

Mtn.jpg

Rainier, how I miss you.

The pork looks great. How long are you going to smoke it for?

Looks great I need to get some Dizzy Pig. Nice photos.

How long are you going to smoke it for?

About 8 hours. Then it goes in a covered roasting pan in a 210 degree (F) oven, and it will stay there until time for dinner tomorrow.

Nutt'n like a little BBQ, a beautiful view and some Rayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Neaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

rub that butt just like that babe!!

:wink:

Oh mouthwatering :)
Beautifull view also.

Oh boy this threads going to get some hits for sure. Nice butt ya got there Lucretia:biggrin:

I'm glad this is what this thread was about. sounds like a good eats there. Nothing like good food some great beer and a great mountain to look at for hours on end. Enjoy!!!!

I like to slap my butt after rubbing it a bit. Seems to work as a tenderizer :bigeek:

Damn Lucretia that looks as nice as the view of the mountain! :doublethumbsup:

Now that's the way to do pulled pork. You have to make sure there's plenty of the bark mixed in to get that smoked flavor in every bite. Are you hiding a little Southern bloodline that we're not aware of?

Now, that is some serious butt to sink your teeth into...

That pulled pork looks perfect. I love that you didn't shred it to mush and left it in big chunks, and the bark looks delicious!

Was the bark still crispy even though you finished it in the covered roasting pan?

I did my first butt over the weekend and used the America's Test Kitchen method b/c I wasn't familiar with the smoker which required wrapping in it Al foil and finishing it in the oven. After wrapping it in foil, any bark lost all its texture due to being steamed in the foil.

Was the bark still crispy even though you finished it in the covered roasting pan?

I did my first butt over the weekend and used the America's Test Kitchen method b/c I wasn't familiar with the smoker which required wrapping in it Al foil and finishing it in the oven. After wrapping it in foil, any bark lost all its texture due to being steamed in the foil.

That's the nature of the beast. The bark will always soften up if you wrap the meat in foil and leave it wrapped for an extended time. Personally, I don't think that it's necessarily a bad thing though. You still get that smokey flavor, but since it has softened up it blends with the rest of the meat better. You can always remove the bark after pulling the meat from the smoker so it will stay crunchy before wrapping the butt and putting it the oven. This way the bark can be served as an appetizer. The other option is to just finish the cooking in the smoker which is what I do.

So much butt talk in this thread, i am about to mail out complimentary knickers!!! Seriously, that looks fantastic!!! Great food and a great view also!!!

Jealous! Enjoy you're pork butt in the gorgeous weather! :)

omg... I miss Washington. so. much.

I think I speak for many of my fellow forumites when I say how disappointed I was when I opened this thread only to find pictures of some stupid pork roast. :evilgrin:

Considering the demographics of this forum, I was overwhelmingly NOT disappointed after I opened this thread "only to find pictures of some stupid pork roast"

Just saying....

Considering the demographics of this forum, I was overwhelmingly NOT disappointed after I opened this thread "only to find pictures of some stupid pork roast"

Just saying....

Yeah, I shudda said, "when I opened this thread, by Lucrecia...." Otherwise, we might have found ourselves in the Deliverence forum. :no: :eek2:

Back