Shigefusa Order Arrived

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
I have three 270mm suji and three 150mm petty available. All in kasumi.
I aslo got three kasumi gyuto, but they all are bespoken.

Contact me if if interested.

M

Got to take a good look at the knives in the day light. Definitely thinner than Shigefusa knives I have seen so far. Finish is flawless. I am always been impressed with Shigefusa fit and finish, but I think they tried extra hard this time to impress me. We went back and forth several times with these knives, so everything I requested has been met by Shigefusa. I will post most details soon - I need to bring a caliper home, but here is the weight without handles.

270mm suji - 123g
240mm gyuto -160g
150mm petty - 65g

dsc1611.jpg

Those are beautiful knives Marko. I absolutely love the profile of Shigs as well as the fit and finish. Hopefully I can sell some old stereo equipment I have laying around in the house so I can pick up either one of your Shigs or possibly a KU Yoshikane.

A quick update what is still available:

1 x 240mm kasumi gyuto (one bespoken knife became available)
1 x 270mm kasumi sujihiki
3 x 150mm kasumi petty

I am offering them here first as this gives a buyer a chance to select a handle to his/her liking. I will keep this up for a few days, but what is left will be customized to my liking and put up on the web site.

Prices before re-handling are comparable to JWW and include shipping. I am discounting my custom work as well as offering two options for handles - basic and premium. Please inquire for details.

M

A quick update what is still available:

1 x 240mm kasumi gyuto (one bespoken knife became available)
1 x 270mm kasumi sujihiki
3 x 150mm kasumi petty

I am offering them here first as this gives a buyer a chance to select a handle to his/her liking. I will keep this up for a few days, but what is left will be customized to my liking and put up on the web site.

Prices before re-handling are comparable to JWW and include shipping. I am discounting my custom work as well as offering two options for handles - basic and premium. Please inquire for details.

M

Suji on hold for Robert. :)

I love this article this article about Shigefusa!

And the Shigefusa really impressed Darkhoek and me during the test of our knives. Ive used mine several times, and its truly an amazing cutter. Great offer Marko. I hope the right owners get the knives :)

I love this article this article about Shigefusa!

And the Shigefusa really impressed Darkhoek and me during the test of our knives. Ive used mine several times, and its truly an amazing cutter. Great offer Marko. I hope the right owners get the knives :)

I agree, for me Shigefusa has the best geometry I have seen, IMHO it cuts better than a laser type guyto.

Latest posts

Back