Quantcast
Knife (or product) related pet peeves - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Knife (or product) related pet peeves

Quote Originally Posted by Korin_Mari View Post
    Thats really weird, it's usually a perfect fit. I'm really sorry you had to deal with that and had we known we would have solved your problem earlier. I would be happy to exchange the saya and pin regardless of how long it has been since the original date of purchase, if you could send it back to us. We will ship you a new one and we will send the problem saya to the manufacturer on our end.
    By the way, we would provide the shipping label of course.

A big one for me is badly packed boxes for items that were shipped to me. A number of times I have gotten things that were just put into an empty box, taped shut, shipped. I just got a package from Korin today that was packed very well, though.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassEye View Post
    A big one for me is badly packed boxes for items that were shipped to me. A number of times I have gotten things that were just put into an empty box, taped shut, shipped. I just got a package from Korin today that was packed very well, though.
    Yea, this bothers me too. Shipping in general. Sometimes we get some knives that are just thrown into a box without any sort of protection, then it comes to use with the tip protruding out from the side. Scary stuff.

By the way, I'm glad your package was packed well. Our warehouse guys are amazing. I tried to ship stuff out to my friends in Seattle, and the Korin guys repacked it because it bothered them how badly I packed. oops... LOL

I used to pack boxes and ship for a stained glass company when I was in High School and College. I learned how to pack the heck out of the boxes, but the stuff rarely broke! I've shipped a couple of knives and the packing material weighs more than the knives did!

Quote Originally Posted by Taz575 View Post
    I used to pack boxes and ship for a stained glass company when I was in High School and College. I learned how to pack the heck out of the boxes, but the stuff rarely broke! I've shipped a couple of knives and the packing material weighs more than the knives did!
    LOLOL Oh man. I can understand how that would happen. Better safe than sorry though!!

I have many LOL but none related to Korin.

My head spins any time I see a reference to Swedish Steel or Swedish ore.

-AJ

What the &$@% is 'virgin carbon'?

Calphalon Katana

Virgin carbon steel, cold pressed (or rolled).

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Phrases such as "precision stamped" or the like, where they attempt to make an inferior process sound like a selling point.

Also... "never needs sharpening"

Continuously curved chef knife profiles.... W.t.f?
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

+ Reply to Thread