Quantcast
Knife (or product) related pet peeves - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Knife (or product) related pet peeves

If your question also pertains to Internet stores such as Korin et el, I would say shipping. The transit part doesn't seem to be a problem but sometimes I will run into an occasion where I expect everything in one shipment only to find something was out of stock and coming later.

One thing I will say for brick and mortar is you don't pay unless product is in your hand.

Make no mistake though, I am a long and happy customer. I buy everything from plates, bowls,sushi supplies, etc, to Nenohi. (Not to mention you are my main source for bamboo leaves. When in stock)

I hate that shipping overseas from America costs a fortune. Wonder if for overseas customers there is a "ship from alternate" that is possible - so that we can get items from Japan and calculate shipping that way...

I'm not saying that might be an option, but if it was...

Charcoal anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by ajhuff View Post
    I have many LOL but none related to Korin.

My head spins any time I see a reference to Swedish Steel or Swedish ore.

-AJ

Äh, if it's Swedish you know it's awesome, why bother with technicalities? ; )

Some things that bug me are the claim of 'true' or 'real' damascus. Also, when knife companies claim some samurai heritage that doesn't fit. The easiest place to find such crap is trolling through Williams-Sonoma cutlery descriptions.

Look at the buzzwords in this link. The knife is dual-density, dual-frequency, true damascus, and inspired by centuries-old samurai sword making techniques. Nothing screams samurai more than a Shun serrated bread/tomato knife.

k.

"There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

When I was in school we were taught there is no more Damascus steel because it's not made in Damascus. It should properly be called pattern welded steel. :P

-AJ

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    Make no mistake though, I am a long and happy customer. I buy everything from plates, bowls,sushi supplies, etc, to Nenohi. (Not to mention you are my main source for bamboo leaves. When in stock)
    I hear you. A lot of times Korin is sold out on things and we have ship them in two parts. I believe you are not charged until it's shipped out, but I might be wrong. I will relay this comment to the managers to let them know in hopes we can do SOMETHING about it. I don't think we can order more of things at a time, because our warehouses are packed, but maybe we can have a faster re-order point. Either way, we will think of something and thank you for letting me know.

Quote Originally Posted by ajhuff View Post
    When I was in school we were taught there is no more Damascus steel because it's not made in Damascus. It should properly be called pattern welded steel. :P
    Yeah, pattern-welded steel just doesn't have that WS ring to it

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    Some things that bug me are the claim of 'true' or 'real' damascus. Also, when knife companies claim some samurai heritage that doesn't fit. The easiest place to find such crap is trolling through Williams-Sonoma cutlery descriptions.

Look at the buzzwords in this link. The knife is dual-density, dual-frequency, true damascus, and inspired by centuries-old samurai sword making techniques. Nothing screams samurai more than a Shun serrated bread/tomato knife.

k.

ROFL WOW Thats hilarious. I need to start reading the knife descriptions on other sites. I would just like to note that I doubt samurai sword forging techniques have much to do with stain resistant damascus knives.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    I hate that shipping overseas from America costs a fortune. Wonder if for overseas customers there is a "ship from alternate" that is possible - so that we can get items from Japan and calculate shipping that way...

I'm not saying that might be an option, but if it was...

Charcoal anyone?
    Thats actually a brilliant idea. I will bring this idea up to Ms. Kawano and her brother (he takes care of Korin Japan as our importer).
    Thank you!

By the way, Korin is have a charcoal and BBQ konro sale right now.