Chopped episode June 12

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpikeC

Founding Member
Reaction score
OK, my local channel has like 4 or 5 episodes of chopped on tonight, does anyone know which one we should be watching?

the new one.:laugh: A guts reaction at 8-9 mountain I would say.

Is it the one with the chicken intestines?

It looks like it is running at 7 PM here. Portland, OR
OK, we get the food channel in regular and in HD, the regular is at 10, the HD is at 7.

it says poultry intestines and red miso in their appetizers. So I would say yes.

I missed something, why are we watching it?? Someone from here is in it??

Oh, cool!! Now I gotta find a way to see that episode!!

Wow, that was a rough finish. Why did she get a compliment for making bread pudding when some of it was raw? :scratchhead:

The judges make that show painful to watch for me.

I got the episode on DVR, second place on that show is very respectable. Competition is stiff and the judges are just brutal.

And was robbed! They gave the win to the woman with the Teary eyed speak at the end.

And was robbed! They gave the win to the woman with the Teary eyed speak at the end.

That's what I thought as well. When the final speaches were given I knew that was going to decide it. You should have come up with some story about having to prove your culinary career to a dying family member.

That's what I thought as well. When the final speaches were given I knew that was going to decide it. You should have come up with some story about having to prove your culinary career to a dying family member.
I was thinking the same thing when they showed the judges right after her speech. It seemed they had to pull teeth to figure out how to make her the winner.

Btw you can figure out Anxious cowboy from the beginning.

Some good looking knives and cleavers in the episode.

That shaw is awesome without the judges. With the judges, I can barely watch it on a good day. I like to pre record, and just watch the contestants go at it, fast forwarding at the judges comments.

I think everyone, even just a couch potato, knows that the results of these shows(Chopped, Masterchef, Next Iron Chef, etc) are meaningless and fabricated. Nothing to do with anything. I mean, most of these shows are like 1 hour out of your life and you get about 7 minutes of cooking, and 1 minute of solid analysis. The rest is just advertisements, stingers, teasers, clips of people sweating/crying/swearing/running/hugging, about 10 minutes of boneheaded opinions and self-aggrandizing "criticism", or tracking shots of empty kitchens and people standing in line.

Just being on TV and cooking is cool. I wouldn't care if I was the first to go.

There is a guy with a blog called no recipes that was on the show once. He is not a professional chef, but his food was praised as the best tasting in the first round. They booted him because his appetizer wasn't "cohesive" enough, but it was supposed to be tasters. He got booted because he did not work in a restaurant, and they want to reward those in the "biz".
They have too many criteria that have nothing to do with cooking.

Chicharon bulaklak is good! I was rooting for the Filipino dude, but then I'm biased. :)

I should add I'm the only person who hasn't seen it yet, I'm downloading it now on iTunes...

Back