JNS 6000 Matukusuyama

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxim

Founding Member
Reaction score
Now in Stock !!! :D

http://www.japanesenaturalstones.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=120

120-2.jpg

120-3.jpg

Great news - I just ordered one, thanks.

Lars

Got mine today.
Very unique color yellow/pink mix :p
The stone is pretty hard and very fast, it leaves great contrast between jigane and hagane- that was unexpected feature, and I wonder if there are natural abrasives in the grit ???? I'll try it on razors soon.

I like the look of this - very unique. I'm also getting sucked in by how it works too. :)

11 days to endure, im getting pretty exited when i'm watching the videos on your youtube-chan featuring this stone. :laugh:

Got it, thanks..!

Very nice full size stone. I like the way it feels and feedback is good too.
I have only used it to touch up a petty so far, but will give it a proper workout over the weekend.

Lars

I used it on a razor yesterday and I must say I was surprised how uniform and fine the scratch pattern was. I have 5k SS and 5k Shapton Pro to compare to, this stone definitely tops them in level of finish, shave off it was very similar to that off an 8k stone.

Used it a bit this morning in between a Chosera 2k and SS10k to sharpen my blue super gyuto.
It was a pure joy compared to the SS5k and Sigma Select II 6k that i have in the same grit range.
Very happy with the edge it gave me..

Lars

Is this stone absolutely a splash and go? Or is it best when soaked like the JNS 1k?

It take less water then JNS 1k. But stil good to soak it couple of minuts. I just do it under running water

Is this stone absolutely a splash and go? Or is it best when soaked like the JNS 1k?
I just use it as is splash and go, it soaks up little water so in a few minutes of use it is as soaked as it will be.

Back