Howdy from Down Under

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muscles

Reaction score
Hi All,
A friends recent search for new knives turned in to me looking for new knives. I don't need them but I've always wanted a decent set so here I am. I've been a long time lurker and have spotted a few familiar faces from the wet-shaving community here so I decided to sign up. I have a few knives en route from Takeshi and Maxim to start me off so no doubt I'll have some questions for you soon...

Marc

Thanks for the welcomes... I am from Sydney too MadMel, God's country AKA "The Shire" :D

Welcome to the forums!

If your first knives are coming from Takeshi and Maxim, you have made a good start, as they both sell excellent blades. Which knives did you get?

Rick

Welcome! I did a project in HomeBush Bay many years ago, on the Parramatta river. I understand these days that area has been re- named. You'll love it here.

I have a few knives en route from Takeshi and Maxim to start me off so no doubt I'll have some questions for you soon...
Welcome! We'll need to see pics, of course. :) What did you get?

Welcome to the Knut House! Wet shaving gets talked about here as well!

Welcome! I have been to Sydney and surfers paradise. My mom was born in Sydney when my grandpa and grandma both doctors were doing missionary work there many years ago. Only country I have considered moving to.

Yeah Sydneys not soo bad...

From Takeshi I ordered a 210mm Yoshikane Wa Gyuto V2 - should have it in a few days.
From Maxim I ordered a 180mm Zensho Santoku, a Nobiyasu Nakiri and a Hakka stone. He kindly offered to sharpen the Santoku so not sure when I'll get that but know it will be worth the wait.

Being in to straight razors for a few years I have quite a few stones, strops, hones and on hand. I'll be sure to ask questions about which should/shouldn't be used on these knives as I don't want to rush in and ruin a blade. Meanwhile, I'll keep lurking and researching.

I'll add some pics when the Postman delivers!

Good to have another sydney sider here. Both Takeshi's and Maxim's services are superb.

Welcome.

Wow, lot of Aussies on the board.

Perhaps a destination get together, down under, for some of us yanks, lol?

Back