Wish me luck guys! It's time to get a job

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candlejack

Reaction score
So, i just graduated, and now it's my time to get a job. I was way too lazy during school to prepare myself with one for graduation, which i regret deeply now. Should've started working on it long ago.

Well, now i'm speaking to a few contacts, calling/mailing a few of the better restaurants in Stockholm and looking around, i have no idea how it'll go. If all the seats have already been filled.
I have a couple contacts which should make it quite a lot easier to not get lost in the rubble.

But wishes for good luck is always nice to have!

// Daniel

Best of luck to you. Job hunting sucks!!!

Remember this, don't take it personal when you fail to get a job after an interview. For the most part the interviewers don't know you from the next guy. Make sure you have a list of three or four personal references with their addresses and phone numbers. Also ask those people first if you can use them for a reference. Don't just assume it's okay. Have a good attitude, a firm handshake and above all look them in the eye. Good Luck.

Looking for a job is no fun, but best of luck and stay positive!

So, i just graduated, and now it's my time to get a job. I was way too lazy during school to prepare myself with one for graduation, which i regret deeply now. Should've started working on it long ago.

Well, now i'm speaking to a few contacts, calling/mailing a few of the better restaurants in Stockholm and looking around, i have no idea how it'll go. If all the seats have already been filled.
I have a couple contacts which should make it quite a lot easier to not get lost in the rubble.

// Daniel

good luck Daniel, hope you find a good one!

cheers

// Daniel

Good luck and congratulations!! :)

Congratulations on your graduation.

Diligence is the mother of good luck.
Benjamin Franklin

Lycka til!

You should travel to Oslo. More money and more tip :)
Sweeden is going downhill :p

Best of luck to you! Do your very best all of the time and you will do well!

Hey!

Dont talk to anyone else than head chefs. Yeah, firm handshake. And give yourself two months deadline.

Good luck :)

Good luck. Hope you get a good crew around you and not just a bunch of knife wielding a@@hats.

oh ya and most important :bliss: congratulations.

Thanks everyone, the advice is taken to heart!

And Oivind, i've thought a bit about, especially about working on an oil-rig, for a while, to get things running and build up a capital!

Offshore pays in avarage monthly income of 61 000 NOK i 2011 (that is 10 139 USD a month or 71 638 SEK a month).
I regard this to be an ok income :) You should consider. You also work 2 weeks on and got 2 weeks off, so you can work on land as well (the 2 weeks off) to make a respectable income :)

10k a mo.? wow, and half the mo. off. I need to move there.

Offshore pays in avarage monthly income of 61 000 NOK i 2011 (that is 10 139 USD a month or 71 638 SEK a month).
I regard this to be an ok income :) You should consider. You also work 2 weeks on and got 2 weeks off, so you can work on land as well (the 2 weeks off) to make a respectable income :)

Precisely my plan!
And live in Sweden, of course. I would never live in norway, the country where a very mediocre pizza costs 150 kr : (

And i'm like 75% norweigan by blood

10K a month??? ***.

I'm there.

Wait, do they take foreigners?

Oh and I forgot in the excitement of the numbers... Good luck! Congrats! And don't spend all your 2weeks money on knives and stones!

Or if you do, post pictures.

The offshore industry is the a huge problem for Norway, as employees in public sector uses the offshore industry as a key factor for their own income. The public sector is about to kill the private sector in Norway, and the income keeps rising. Norway is about to become uncompetetive compared to other contries.
Last week some unions went to strike (put down work) and wanted more. People in Norway with 15 days of educations earns 400 000 a year, that is 66 840 USD a year! While my GF getting a Master degree (5 year study) gets 70 000 a year, its insane that people is not rewarded for education here up north.

But also: we got insane incomes, and thats a bad thing for us. The price of living is also pretty high in Norway, where we pay 14 dollars for a bottle of budweiser on a restaurant. Where a the corse meal without drinking is 84 USD on a mediocre restaurant. When me and my GF goes out we use to end up on 350 USD, and thats why we go out only 6 times a year. Welcome to norway where everything is expensive. I can't even afford a vacation this year :(

wow that is messed up. Sad thing is I can see U.S. going that way too.

In my experience, the only thing worse than working for a living at something you don't really enjoy is being unable to find an opportunity to do so. It's like having someone standing on your throat.

Back