• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sushi Set for the Newbie/Cash Strapped

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For sale is three knives for the starting sushi chef. First up is a Watanabe Proline 180mm Deba; I sharpened this years ago and it does have some sharpening marks. I've only used it a couple of times. Also include is a minimaly used 240mm and 300mm Tanaka yanigiba, both with saya's (the 300 saya is very snug and doesn't fit all the way on the saya, but that can be remedied with a first time sharpening). I believe these all go for $240, $135, & $180 new ($555), I am looking for $375 for all and I pay shipping (USPS priority), and paypal fees. Preferred in country, but will ship outside US if you pay shipping costs.

DSC00328.jpg
[/IMG]

Top two

NewCase004.jpg
[/IMG]

Second from right

These are all on my "some day" list. To bad I don't have funds atm. Lucky buyer.

Watanabe is blue, I believe the Tanaka's are yellow, someone please correct me if I am wrong.

If the Tanaka yanagiba are in blue I might be interested in both. I have seen them in yellow, blue, silver steels; Could you perhaps find out which you have?

Back