Sourdough crock?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PierreRodrigue

Reaction score
I am looking for a ceramic/porcelain crock with a lid. I have seen a couple on ebay, but the seller only ships to the US. Anyone have any idea where a guy can look? King Arthur flour sells one, I like the wire bailer idea...

I am looking for a ceramic/porcelain crock with a lid. I have seen a couple on ebay, but the seller only ships to the US. Anyone have any idea where a guy can look? King Arthur flour sells one, I like the wire bailer idea...

talk to Tom (tgraypots) I'm sure he could make you one.

King Arthur sells one and I think they ship to Canada

They make ceramic crocks for composting. That might work.

-AJ

Look up your neighborhood potter and have one made.
I used the KA one for a couple years before getting one made that was a little bigger.
My KA has a really annoying rim that gets all gunked up constantly, the pictured one doesn't have this. Perhaps they realized it was a crap design, mine is about 6-7 years old, so it may be different now.
Anyhow, it will likely cost about the same to commission one as to order that one from KA.
I think just under 1.5L is a good size, YMMV of course, but it's a starting point.

Also, if you're looking up prefab stuff.... Pickling crock is a good search term for getting results with lids.

I have been under the impression that metal containers are not good for storing sour and wet foods, but I could be wrong.

That ceramic one is tempting though... As if I didn't have enough crap already.

I have a couple old canning jars with glass lids abandoned since the 40's or 50's. Bought some new rings to replace the old ones. Found the old jars in an old homestead in the middle of nowhere, and rescued a few.

Back