Quantcast
Knife (or product) related pet peeves
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Knife (or product) related pet peeves

Knife (or product) related pet peeves

I have been working at Korin for about a year and a half now, during which time I have developed a number of pet peeves related to products.

My biggest one is when brands are named after material that they don't use in the product.

I'm curious. What are your pet peeves of things you either sell or see in stores?

Like the Tamahagane knife brand?? I got excited when I saw it until I saw the steel that they used wasn't Tamahagane!

Yea! Why would you try to deceive customers like that? I've had to explain to a customer that had that knife been made out of tamahagane steel, it would be ridiculously expensive and why. I had no problem explaining it, but I just felt REALLY bad.

That one always drives me nuts! Or when they say Carbon steel, but won't tell you WHAT carbon steel it actually is and what the Rockwell hardness is!!

I also hate seeing awesome knives and then seeing the price and knowing I won't be getting one!

I have to drill all my sayas to fit new pins.
    Everywhere you go, there you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    I have to drill all my sayas to fit new pins.
    Thats really weird. Really?? Was it from us or somewhere else?

You of course. Couldn't resist the dig - I should apologize for that, and I will get around to it. You sell basically two sizes, one for Nenohi, and regular, and I was surprise that they don't fit. Not a big deal. I don't usually use sayas but I am selling a few knives, so I have to have pins that fit.
    Everywhere you go, there you are.

The pins from Korin are a bit fat. I usually grind the pins down rather than drill the hole out more.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    You of course. Couldn't resist the dig - I should apologize for that, and I will get around to it. You sell basically two sizes, one for Nenohi, and regular, and I was surprise that they don't fit. Not a big deal. I don't usually use sayas but I am selling a few knives, so I have to have pins that fit.
    Thats really weird, it's usually a perfect fit. I'm really sorry you had to deal with that and had we known we would have solved your problem earlier. I would be happy to exchange the saya and pin regardless of how long it has been since the original date of purchase, if you could send it back to us. We will ship you a new one and we will send the problem saya to the manufacturer on our end.

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    The pins from Korin are a bit fat. I usually grind the pins down rather than drill the hole out more.
    Thanks for letting me know. I will be sure to let the packing team know to fit the pins before shipping out.