• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT: Fowler 240 mm for ???

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VoodooMajik

Reaction score
I've got a 240 Fowler in W2 I purchased from a member on the forum a little while ago. Great knife but it's so close in length to my Yoshihiro that it doesn't see all that much action, So maybe someone else will enjoy it. Still in very good shape, couple sharpening marks from the previous owner, and developing a decent patina. I'm assuming this is one of his earlier profiles, Fairly flat. Great push cutter

I would like a Suji, or Yanagiba in the 270-300 range (preferably carbon) though I'm not opposed to something shorter 180-210 gyuto or yanagiba (preferably Stainless or SS)

Stainless, Tool steel, Carbons are all good to me, just depends on the knife and where it will be used.

If you'd like to try it make an offer, I'm looking to broaden my exposure with things a little. I can post pic's if people would like.

I have a cheap universal Saya w/o a pin I can send along with it. I can re-finish it to get rid of the sharpening marks and patina if desired. (100 through 800 grit)

Please post pics. Would be good to see the blade profile, handle shape, spine taper, etc. as the Fowlers can vary a bit.

fowlergyuto.jpg

fowlerhandle.jpg

Some pictures from the previous sellers threrad. I'll take a couple shots after work of it's current state. Pretty much the same just more of a patina built up.

Inbox is cleared out

I'm willing to down grade a little for something that I would likely use more.

Latest posts

Back