J.A HENCKEL

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steeley

GoogleFu San
Founding Member
Reaction score
J.A HENCKEL
This post will be about vintage Henckel's and history and a couple of unique items.

eOpSF.jpg
[/IMG]

1731: Peter Henckels registers the TWIN trademark with Solingens Cutler’s Guild.

1818: Johann Abraham Henckels opens the Company’s first branch office in Berlin.

1851: The Company exhibits its products at the World exhibition in London where it achieves international recognition and is awarded a medal.

1883: A sales office is set up in New York, followed a few years later by Cologne, Vienna, Hamburg, Dresden, Munich and Paris.

1893: World Exhibition in Chicago. The only medal awarded goes to ZWILLING J.A. HENCKELS.

1905: Recognition of another kind: The African explorer Leo Frobenius christens a range of mountains in the then Congo "Zwilling" and another one "Henckels-Berge".

1915: Four first prizes at the World Exhibition in San Francisco.

1938: The company opens a new chapter with the launch of its multi-purpose scissors, setting new standards in design and quality.

1939: Invention of FRIODUR® - a special ice-hardened no-stain steel. This process is patented by J.A. HENCKELS and subsequently all products using this special method are hallmarked accordingly.

1971: A new concept gives fresh stimulus to the market - J.A. HENCKELS knife sets ensure that the right knife is available for every purpose.

1976: International launch of the **** FOUR STAR knife range, meeting the highest quality standards, developed in collaboration with a number of well known German professional chefs.

1981: The Company celebrates its 250th anniversary

oR2vq.jpg
[/IMG]

factory workers.
qXwIh.jpg
[/IMG]

zIPdo.jpg
[/IMG]

DLoC.jpg
[/IMG]

William Graef and Carl Schmidt were importer's of Henckel's 1883-1948
there were no knives imported from 1942-1950.

1M95.jpg
[/IMG]

tz1pA.jpg
[/IMG]

SJF17.jpg
[/IMG]

1933 catalog
I like the fish tweezers
od81I.png
[/IMG]

mb92i.png
[/IMG]

Grand Prize Paris 1900 AND 1904 ST.Louis
ry9JS.jpg
[/IMG]

1lqCE.jpg
[/IMG]

nU7wA.jpg
[/IMG]

Marker Mark.
MQm73.jpg
[/IMG]

This is in the BOKER factory but same time frame in Solingen.
K0zth.jpg
[/IMG]

GHgOk.jpg
[/IMG]

And it's time for a break have a beer.
3dmIX.jpg
[/IMG]

and another
uf7qg.jpg
[/IMG]

Ok now where were we.

On ward

J.A. Henckels German Art Deco Large Airplane Bar
Germany
ca. 1928
This German art deco nickeled brass traveling bar in the form of an airplane was designed ca. 1928 for J.A. Henckels Zwilling, Selingen, Germany. The complete bar has twenty pieces including three flasks, shaker, strainer/citrus press and shaker lid, four nesting cups, four spoons, a funnel/jigger, a corkscrew with cover, fuselage top with propeller, finned tail (fruit cup) and wheeled undercarriage. The strainer juice press is marked “DGRM 894384 Made in Germany”. The airplane is 5” high, 12” wide and 13” long and is in great original condition and for sale.

fYnFU.jpg
[/IMG]

more miscellanies things.
fRYF9.gif
[/IMG]

wI9qk.jpg
[/IMG]

bbq knife .
Eahq5.jpg
[/IMG]

Wow, what a fabulous piece!
( the bar thing!)

Knife block that spins .

a8EJ.png
[/IMG]

feel free to add your old Henckels to the post .

This is more my speed.
DCEGZ.jpg
[/IMG]

I absolutely love how steeley always gives us some gratuitous hotties with our history lessons!

+1! I lived in Germany for 2 1/2 years, I miss those times, great beers, and bar maids!

Here is a leather knife from Henckel .
the other is Butler & sons
hAIc.jpg
[/IMG]

Talk about eye for detail .
notice the truck in the back ground j.a Henckel
EFklJ.jpg
[/IMG]

good movie

1939 catalog
JMLfx.png
[/IMG]

NnRuy.png
[/IMG]

MoFVB.png
[/IMG]

some different leather knives misc makers.
p4mv1.jpg
[/IMG]

Ku1sv.jpg
[/IMG]

Back