Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burger pocket press - Buy or stay away?

Burger pocket press - Buy or stay away?

Would it make my burgers better?

http://www.bbqsaucereviews.com/revie...ress/#comments

Anyone here tried it?

Depends on your ability/interest to make a burger pocket. I wouldn't spend the money but I know people that would and their is nothing wrong with that. Just not something I would do.

I have tried this a few times (making a stuffed burger), and the results were a bit messy but good. I guess I wouldn't mind having one of these to make it easier, but not with a kitchen my size (I have to make a conscious effort to not purchase single purpose things like this). I would try doing it without the press if you haven't already, see what you think, then decide whether you need one of these in a drawer in your kitchen.

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    At work I use a large shallow can that's been cut open on both sides, a ramekin, and the bottom of a small side plate. But I suppose some $15 plastic doodad is fun too.

Skip that thing and get your norwegian fingers dirty instead.
    [FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][I]-"we're gonna make gluten free lasagna"[/I][/FONT]

Thank you!!!! I DO have a need for one of those. Again, thanks for the link!

-AJ

What the what?

The whole art of making a burger is making one that is solid enough to stay together while you eat it, but fall apart when you are chewing it. Smashing the patty, whether in your hands or in a cup, is almost as bad as pressing on the thing with the paddle after you flip it.

No need for that device...

Pass. There's nothing worse than an over-compressed, hockey-puck hard hamburger.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post
    What the what?

The whole art of making a burger is making one that is solid enough to stay together while you eat it, but fall apart when you are chewing it. Smashing the patty, whether in your hands or in a cup, is almost as bad as pressing on the thing with the paddle after you flip it.
    +1.....This has been the subject of many a debate at my parents during a cookout. To my mom, your not making a burger until you slap it into submission back and forth between your hands then strangle the thing in tightly wrapped foil.