Burger pocket press - Buy or stay away?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on your ability/interest to make a burger pocket. I wouldn't spend the money but I know people that would and their is nothing wrong with that. Just not something I would do.

I have tried this a few times (making a stuffed burger), and the results were a bit messy but good. I guess I wouldn't mind having one of these to make it easier, but not with a kitchen my size (I have to make a conscious effort to not purchase single purpose things like this). I would try doing it without the press if you haven't already, see what you think, then decide whether you need one of these in a drawer in your kitchen.

At work I use a large shallow can that's been cut open on both sides, a ramekin, and the bottom of a small side plate. But I suppose some $15 plastic doodad is fun too. :D

Skip that thing and get your norwegian fingers dirty instead. :)

Thank you!!!! I DO have a need for one of those. Again, thanks for the link!

-AJ

What the what?

The whole art of making a burger is making one that is solid enough to stay together while you eat it, but fall apart when you are chewing it. Smashing the patty, whether in your hands or in a cup, is almost as bad as pressing on the thing with the paddle after you flip it. :nono:

Pass. There's nothing worse than an over-compressed, hockey-puck hard hamburger.

What the what?

The whole art of making a burger is making one that is solid enough to stay together while you eat it, but fall apart when you are chewing it. Smashing the patty, whether in your hands or in a cup, is almost as bad as pressing on the thing with the paddle after you flip it. :nono:

+1.....This has been the subject of many a debate at my parents during a cookout. To my mom, your not making a burger until you slap it into submission back and forth between your hands then strangle the thing in tightly wrapped foil.:scratchhead:

+1.....This has been the subject of many a debate at my parents during a cookout. To my mom, your not making a burger until you slap it into submission back and forth between your hands then strangle the thing in tightly wrapped foil.:scratchhead:

Ooh. I think I'd like your mom. ;-P

-AJ

Back