Quantcast
Wanna Swap?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanna Swap?

Wanna Swap?

So another thread got me thinking. There are a bunch of knives out there that we all want to try and play with but not necessarily purchase. So I wanted to see if maybe there were people that might want to do some one on one swaps to test and play with knives. Obviously this takes a big level of trust and I would say be done more privately not to cause issues on the forum, legal or in other ways. But if anyone is interested specifically people who I have had past dealings with or known for a while, or have the word of people like that feel free to pt me.

Always love to play with new steel and help other members out as well.

This is something I would probably be interested in doing. Being that there is a lot out there that I want/cant afford/cant justify buying that I would absolutely love to try out. Also, I think there is a certain level of trust between many members of this forum that is rare on the internet.

Sounds like an interesting idea. I'd be interested.

i've done this before but only with people i knew to a certain extent....i have found knife people r some of the most reliable people out there.....beware of the occasional ahole though....ryan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

viva la revolucion !

I agree with you guys on that. We have a pretty cool group of people. I know there are plenty of knives I would love to try out for a week but maybe not purchase right off the bat. I would love to try out some other stuff especially a honyaki among other knives.

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    I'd be willing to send out my 270mm Misono carbon gyuto to anyone interested in playing around with one. It's my work knife and my "beater," so I'm not too worried about it getting hurt.

yeah, mattrud, send me that kramer and ill get this shun santoku out to you real quick!

I have thought of this before as well, but I havent been on these forums as long as some, and haven't met anyone in person before, so I wasn't sure if I should suggest it. I was going to float it at ECG after meeting some of you in person.

anyway, great idea, thanks for bringing it up and getting the ball rolling.

HAHAHAHA, sure I will send you the Kramer ASAP. Well it will be at ECG with me so anyone will get a chance to check it out there. But I would probably be willing to send out most any of my knives outside of the kramer depending on the person. anyone can feel free to pt me with swap ideas.

Have you been reading my PTs, matt? Haha
    It's definitely a cool idea, and could allow us to try out the knives we really want to give a once over, without the time constraints of a passaround.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Sounds like a great idea!