Quantcast
Our Strop Kit :(

Thread: Our Strop Kit :(

Our Strop Kit :(

We were sourcing our strop kits (the leather pad & base) from Phoenix Knife House and adding the felt & diamond spray components ourselves. PKH ran into a problem with their leather source who discontinued selling them the leather that they were buying (which BTW was great stuff). They then tried an enormous amount of replacements and finally settled on one that was pretty good but they had issues getting the leather to adhere to the metal backing plate. After many replacements being sent out the mutual decision was made to discontinue supplying these strops.

I've replaced all curled leather pads that I know of with what I had left on hand from my own stock but I have run out and no more is available to me. I have been assured that PKH will supply replacements should the need arise. Please contact them directly at Phoenix Knife House.com

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Dave

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Sad to hear.

Damn, i was going to order another one, as mine is starting to curl lol. Maybe i will try it with some high grade tandy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Davis View Post
    ...Maybe i will try it with some high grade tandy stuff.
    Lemme know how it works out. Make sure it's thin.

Maybe it had more to do with the glue. I tried to take mine off to use the felt pad, and the leather pad hadn't moved for like 2 weeks, and the leather popped up on the side! Doesn't bother me to much, I use it too hard to worry about cosmetic things like that.

This stinks though. Maybe talk to Colin, he went on a world-wide search for properly tanned horse ass.

I'll more than likely come up with something of my own which is what I should have done years ago.

Hi, I see that Phoenix Knife House now lists the strops on their website, do you know if they have solved the issue with the glue/leather?

http://www.phoenixknifehouse.com/sha...compounds.html

Quote Originally Posted by perneto View Post
    Hi, I see that Phoenix Knife House now lists the strops on their website, do you know if they have solved the issue with the glue/leather?

http://www.phoenixknifehouse.com/sha...compounds.html

I have no idea, sorry.