Japanese Knives New Sharpening Service Prices

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm still working on some setup things... when its all done i'll post pics

its kind of messy in the back of my shop right now (especially without sara here)

still have work to do, but here's a teaser pic

468697_10150914034368860_1079697226_o.jpg

seriously, right now the back of my workshop is a mix of plastic wrap, cardboard, metal, trash bags, and water jugs... gotta get it all set up before i embarrass my self

its functional right now, but thats about it

I knew it!!I was gonna call it but I didn't. Congrats Jon!!

I think Jon "1 Upped" every pro sharpener in the Western Hemisphere. Can't wait to see this setup.

I feel left out...is this a sharpening wheel? Old school? :newhere:

another repair-
finally got a before and after... did this repair yesterday. I forgot to take a before pic again, but this time the owner happened to have one. Straightened the edge, fixed shinogi line, cleaned up blade, put on nice hamaguri edge, did uraoshi, and made it look pretty ;)

255222_10150923291498860_2025092521_n.jpg

Looks great, Jon! I need to brush up on my Japanese knife terms. :)

Wow that shinogi line is all wavy. very nice work. Is uraoshi a dance you do right after you are done with all that? Oh wait that is the hokey-Pokey, my bad.:lol2:

Holy... at those prices every knife I received would get a spa treatment at Jon's to set the true edge, before I carry on scratching it up myself happily in the knowledge that come what may, I can have it refurbished for cheap.

Jon - plan to open a branch in South East Asia with your twin brother at the helm?

nope...thats a different kind of wheel (and cant be used for the same kind of sharpening this one is used for). Both wheels are used in the blade making process.

Jon-

So,... have you had a chance to take the new wheel for a spin yet?

Have a couple projects in mind on this end, when you are comfortable.... :spiteful:

It went for a spin the day you got it! Have you got it all set up yet? Or is Sarah pissed that you now have a brown wall? Haha

-Chuck

still have work to do, but the mess is under control

What do you do? Wrap yourself up in a big shower curtain? :biggrin:

When are we going to get some pictures of this thing?

I, too, would love to see where this is going.

using it a whole bunch lately, but waiting on one last piece, so its less plastic wrap and trash bags in the back and more nice plastic work... pictures and videos to come when they part arrives (in the next week or two at the most).

Back