Quantcast
What to do in North Jersey?

Thread: What to do in North Jersey?

What to do in North Jersey?

Going to a dinner in Weehawken Saturday night but we're staying at a hotel 10 miles away in Harrison at River Walk. Lots of free time Sat. afternoon and Sunday. On the way home to Philly we'll stop at Smashburger (kaeleb's company) in Montclair.

Any worthwhile recommendations?
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough." —Mark Twain

There was a smash burger a block from where I worked in Louisville. I'm disappointed I didn't get to try it!

You're staying in Harrison? Don't leave the hotel.

If you have time, check out some of the Portuguese restaurants in the Ironbound section of Newark.

Mitsuwa Market in Edgewater isn't far from Weehawken. Might want to stop by before dinner.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Go over to Hoboken and walk Washington St. and then wander over to the river front park and enjoy the best view of NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by 99Limited View Post
    Go over to Hoboken and walk Washington St. and then wander over to the river front park and enjoy the best view of NYC.
    Cucharamama @ 3rd & Clinton. Tough to find parking though.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    Cucharamama @ 3rd & Clinton. Tough to find parking though.
    Could always take the PATH train from Harrison to Hoboken. When my wife and I went to Hoboken we just parked in a parking garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Look for a way out....quickly!
    This. Or go to NYC

Gah! I can't beleive I missed this this thread. Craig, you are gonna love the smash, the operator in NJ is phenominal. Not sure what else there is to do there....