Happy International Sushi Day!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Youtube informs me that today is International Sushi Day. I think this calls for:

a) pics/videos from those of you who work in sushi restaurants or prepare it often at home.
b) a hefty discount from Jon, Maksim, and Mari on their respective single-bevel knives.

Damn, now I'm gonna have to make sushi for dinner tonight.

Well I guess any reason to go visit my sushi dealer down the street.:cookingdinner::drool:

So I went out tonight for sushi, just because it sounded good. Got the dragon roll, love eel now just because of this.

IMG_20120619_162409.jpg

There are places that serve dragon rolls like that? Loving the carrot horns/ears... purists can go stuff themselves. hahaha.

Hey, I'm late to this thread but thought I could contribute.

GosmsPhoto1340328331773.jpgIMG_20120621_200913.jpg

What is that, mosaic pin sushi? :goodpost: Nice work Theory!

Stained Glass Window Sushi.

Ahi Tuna, Compressed Mango and Cucumber inside
Crispy Prosciutto outside.
Soy Dashi Foam

I saw Morimoto do something like that on Iron Chef back when it was still good. Different ingredients, though. Yours looks incredible.

I know you've got a kitchen to run and a life, but any chance we could get a video of how you put this together? Obviously ignore this if you think it would be giving away trade secrets.

Thanks Theory. I didn't ask, but I will absorb. One day I have to hunt down all these tutorials of yours and clock time learning all of it. (I've done 2 to date) Cheers.

Couldn't resist trying this. Here's my first crack at it. I didn't do the Dashi foam...my wife has more or less banned lecithin and foams from the table after I spent half of last year trying to perfect a bone marrow foam. Instead I did a little wasabi oil. I had a fair amount of tuna left over...so I paired it with a version of Nobu's tuna/scallion/asparagus roll with a citrus miso sauce.

IMG_2859.jpg

Couldn't resist trying this. Here's my first crack at it. I didn't do the Dashi foam...my wife has more or less banned lecithin and foams from the table after I spent half of last year trying to perfect a bone marrow foam. Instead I did a little wasabi oil. I had a fair amount of tuna left over...so I paired it with a version of Nobu's tuna/scallion/asparagus roll with a citrus miso sauce.

View attachment 8183

Looks great man!!

Thanks Theory. I didn't ask, but I will absorb. One day I have to hunt down all these tutorials of yours and clock time learning all of it. (I've done 2 to date) Cheers.

Oh? Which ones??

Back