Quantcast
Poor experiences with Korin? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor experiences with Korin?

Quote Originally Posted by Candlejack View Post
    He ships from japan when i purchase, atleast!
    same for me, 7$ from Japan to Sweden or Denmark and takes 2-3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Korin_Mari View Post
    Hmmm... How are they shipping for so cheap? Thanks for the heads up.
    Japan post, might be that they take some of the profit from the knives to have the cheap shipping as marketing.
    But still, the prices on the knives is also very cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Korin_Mari View Post
    Hmmm... How are they shipping for so cheap? Thanks for the heads up.
    probably the shipping difference is calculated in the price of the knives.

Shipping is a valid point. Shipping from Koki is cheap and fast.

I have not purcased from Korin yet, but simply asking this question makes me respect you more and I will probably do business in the future.

Engorged Member
    I have shied away from Korin. My very first J-knife purchase was from them. My initial conversation with them made me feel like I was lucky to be buying a knife from them. I purchased the left-hand sharpened version of a Masamoto VG series 240mm gyuto. No one could explain what made it a left-handed knife and when it showed up it was sharpened for a right-handed person anyway. I decided that I had learned my lesson and that was what started me looking at the kitchen knife forums.

Pesky

Sponsors
    Quote Originally Posted by kalaeb View Post
    I have not purcased from Korin yet, but simply asking this question makes me respect you more and I will probably do business in the future.
    I'm really glad. I am here to help and in hopes to make Korin better. If you ever have any problems regarding any knives, even if I can't help you directly, I will try to gather information to help you.

The famous birthday Doi mix up; however, to make up for it I got a picture of Mr. Doi and - seriously though - a 180 masanobu petty. The petty is probably about a $200 retail value, so I have forgiven you several times over. This was especially classy because I didn't make a fuss or ask for anything and it just showed up along with the big knife as a token of apology. Nice!
    s.
    Everywhere you go, there you are.

I will do business with Korin again. Classy company and I had great service. Professional free knife sharpening on new purchases is a definite plus for those that want it.

Sponsors
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    The famous birthday Doi mix up; however, to make up for it I got a picture of Mr. Doi and - seriously though - a 180 masanobu petty. The petty is probably about a $200 retail value, so I have forgiven you several times over. This was especially classy because I didn't make a fuss or ask for anything and it just showed up along with the big knife as a token of apology. Nice!
    s.
    I have no idea what you're referring too... and sarcasm is hard to get over the internet, so I'm sorry if it flies over my head. :[
    But I'm going to assume everything was okay and you did in fact get a big knife as a token of apology?

+ Reply to Thread