Quantcast
Poor experiences with Korin? - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Poor experiences with Korin?

We are trying to implement something and discussing with our POS system provider as I type. This is very exciting...

Can I make a suggestion? I think it would be exciting for Korin to have specials from time to time like JCK does. JCK's specials are usually very interesting with respect to steel, handles, profiles and geometry. It's nice to see variety not to mention, you guys may find the next "It" knife.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Can I make a suggestion? I think it would be exciting for Korin to have specials from time to time like JCK does. JCK's specials are usually very interesting with respect to steel, handles, profiles and geometry. It's nice to see variety not to mention, you guys may find the next "It" knife.
    Awesome suggestion! Thank you! I will bring this idea up to management and push for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz575 View Post
    LOL. POS system provider, really??? Piece of S$%T or Point of Sale??
    FOR REAL. I find myself kicking and screaming at it regularly. LOL

I have one supplier I get stuff from (fishing rod business) and use their online ordering system. If I add an item to the cart and then remove it, it will often find it's way back into the cart at the checkout phase, even if I saved the shopping cart after I removed the item. Other times, I select an item and it adds a completely different item to the cart. Drives me nuts!!!!

I second or third the idea of having special items, different steels, handles, etc!!

u gotta point there. i do love koki cheap shipping price. it's always $7

Quote Originally Posted by Candlejack View Post
    Well.. if you're waiting for something i'll make some story up to get you to become better at something.

No but seriously, i haven't had any experience with Korin, as i haven't found you to be as competitive as other stores when it comes to international buyers.
    Perhaps you should try to expand in this market?

Like shipping from Japan as mentioned earlier, i'm used to pay like 7 bucks for shipping from Koki, so paying like 40-50+bucks from Korin isn't really that competitive, especially when the product itself is often a few dollars more expensive. (but that's what's needed when you have physical stores)

Hello hello,
    Sorry I've been missing for sometime and not contributing to this community as much as I would like to.

I recently noticed a comment about our sales people being rude or condescending, so I wanted to apologize for any ill feelings, disappointments, and frustrations. I hope this person was referring to an experience he had several year ago and not recently. Not that it makes it acceptable, but we our staff has changed since.

If for any reason any of you ever feel like you were not taken care of by our staff, please let me know via PM or email. I may not be the most active or most knowledgeable participant (I have so much to learn) in this community, but I will always do my best to take care of you.

As always thank you for reading,
    Mari

I've purchase from you twice. Once in store and once on line. Perfect twice. I am going to buy a 210 deba IH next.

Quote Originally Posted by Ucmd View Post
    I've purchase from you twice. Once in store and once on line. Perfect twice. I am going to buy a 210 deba IH next.
    I'm really glad! Thank you so much for your support.

I am a happy online customer from a few years ago. I bought a Masamoto VG-10 210 gyuto after a cooks illustrated article. My first introduction to the world of Japanese knives...