Random generosity!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PierreRodrigue

Reaction score
It never fails to amaze me! I was working in the shop on the weekend, and a friend of mine pops by. We BS for a while, and before he leaves, he says "Hey. You have any use for a milling machine?" To which I say "Pardon? A milling machine? Hell yeah! Been looking for a way to get one for a while now!" So he says come on over, I got one collecting dust, and no use for it. It is a mini mill. It has never been used, but was missing the arbor and chuck. A little Google Fu, and the chuck and shaft was on its way.

Got all the packing grease off of it, installed the arbor, chuck, and draw bar, rigged up a steel work station for it and its good to go!

I asked him what he wanted for it, and he said nothing, If I could get it going, and put it to use, that was thanks enough.
He makes cross necklaces, so I let him grab some burls, mokume pieces, and damascus scraps as a thank you. When he left we were both grinning from ear to ear.

Its not a huge machine, but more than enough for my needs...

Its nice to know there are still folks like this out there! And from what I see, there are quite a few here in our little group!

Here is a pic.

IMG-20120618-00074.jpg

Wow, that is going to be a great asset. And for free, sweet!

That's great!
3 cheers for folders!

Sounds like a great friend :)

Awesome and congrats. It does my heart good to hear the story and makes my morning. :)

Have fun, I look forward to seeing some of the cool new stuff you do with this little mill!

God Bless
Randy

Always good when unused things find a good home, and the generous people of the world store up a bit of karma for future expenditure :)

Glad to hear you got it up and running since my visit to your shop! :)

Can't wait to see what you'll produce with it!

Back