Best Western Handles?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott6452

Reaction score
The new batch of Sanetsu paring knives at JCK have some of the best handles i have seen on a knife:

VG-10-Parer-Cocobolo.jpg

What do you think? Even at the price im kinda tempted, the only thing that's a slight let down is the vg-10 core. If it was from their zdp-189 line this would have been a dead cert. Still lovely looking knives though. Although IMO this only goes for the parers. The gyutos handles are chunkier, i prefer the slender parer handle look.

Hmm when I clicked on this thread I was thinking that the hotel chain started making knives.:razz:

On a serious note I like the inlay, but the end cap with the inlay seems a little much for me. One without the other would have been enough. With that I would say to blingy.

Yeh agreed very jazzy. I think with the paring you could get away with it but it could be too much with the bigger boys? Oh dear, still tempted...:no:

just went and looked at what they are showing, there is some other color combo's that I like better there.

Yeh I liked the linen micarta version also. What do you prefer?

this one liked the colors, but still to blingy, not to say his work is very good.

Sanetsu-Parer-Corian.jpg

I wonder will all that stuff in there if they're too handle heavy. :scratchhead:

Sorry, but Mr. Itou has the market cornered on over-the-top and behind-the-counter handles.

It's almost like he took a kick a$$ folder and turned it into a kitchen knife....which I'm not too sure works.

I like tactical knives, but I don't think a SOG gyuto would work....

Still a very interesting piece, especially in the white/ blue.

It's kinda weird....
Best handles for western knives that I've seen go to Pierre, DT, and Adam Marr. Actually, Randy makes a wicked looking handle as well.

It's kinda weird....
Best handles for western knives that I've seen go to Pierre, DT, and Adam Marr. Actually, Randy makes a wicked looking handle as well.

Agree with that one. Have seen better more articulate handles from each of them.

I got one a while back... Sanetu 210 ZDP-189 Gyuto with the Cocobolo handle... (No inlay) 5 pins and a mosaic. Its very well finished, seamless transition and slanted bolster.

No regrets here!

:doublethumbsup:

Yet, your avatar is the handle on the beautiful knife by HHH. ;)

VG-10-Parer-Cocobolo.jpg

Whoa.

No offense, but between the five pins, the three flying-saucer/boomer-rang inlay, and whatever that butt end accomplishes... ?

Looks like a volcano island chain somewhere in the Pacific.

Hehe true! I still think in some weird way that a paring knife is an excuse to go a bit bonkers though.

It is purely subjective, but in terms of size and comfort, Bill Burke gets a first and Devin Thomas gets a close second place. When you hold it in your hand, you know it.

M

From a pure visual perspective, it is Michael Rader for me for westerns. Never had the opportunity to hold a BB or a DT. Yet... :D

Back