Adding Some Variety

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
A bunch of blocks came back from K&G today.
Looks like it's time to add a little variety to the mix of wood in the web store.
These are some that I will be adding to the store tomorrow.
I am pretty sure Stefan can identify these ........probably, .......maybe, .....at least 2 out of 3.

2-4.jpg

3-3.jpg

1-20.jpg

The Last batch is some fiddleback Red Gum Eucalyptus.
[video=youtube_share;9RIrH2TkSsY]http://youtu.be/9RIrH2TkSsY[/video]

I will post some photos of the other new stuff as I get it all cleaned up.

Wow, that mango looks great. I can't afford to buy any more wood!!!

Very nice, Mark. I wouldn't have gotten the red gum, never used it, but I think I have a few pieces somewhere :)

Stefan

Very nice, Mark. I wouldn't have gotten the red gum, never used it, but I think I have a few pieces somewhere :)
Stefan
You guys have a lot of it growing there in Hawaii.
Even if you use it without getting it stabilized it is a nice wood.
The natural stuff develops a reddish purple patina over time. I am not sure if the stabilized red gum will darken or not.

You guys have a lot of really cool woods growing there in Hawaii.
I am thinking I should fly down there some time and you and I can go wood hunting.

You guys have a lot of it growing there in Hawaii.
Even if you use it without getting it stabilized it is a nice wood.
The natural stuff develops a reddish purple patina over time. I am not sure if the stabilized red gum will darken or not.

You guys have a lot of really cool woods growing there in Hawaii.
I am thinking I should fly down there some time and you and I can go wood hunting.

Sounds like a plan! I have been wondering about some of the Aussie woods reg stabilizing, in many I don't see much of a difference before and after (like the mallee burls). And for a while I was thinking about getting only Hawaiian and sustainable woods because we have so many nice and different ones. Depending on how it goes, I will probably go more into that direction with less and less non-local woods.

Stefan

Some Flamed Old Growth Redwood
006-1.jpg

:bigeek:

I really hate you, Mark. :surrendar:

You're going to force me to learn how to make handles or learn other woodworking skills because, eventually, I'm going to have to do something with all of the redwood blocks I've bought from you. :bashhead:

P.S. - That flamed old growth redwood is such amazing stuff!

This photo makes it look bad so I did a short video that I will upload in a little bit.

Here's the video. The color looks kind of funky because this was filmed under a florescent light.
Warning! This video may contain a subliminal hypnotic message.
I will start loading the new stabilized wood to the web store Thursday and Friday.
[video=youtube_share;NArOpd3iMCg]http://youtu.be/NArOpd3iMCg[/video]

dam. Love that door. They should have just redone the door itself to look that great.

Back