Must have tools

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarrenSwerid

Reaction score
I was just curious to what everyone's one must have tool is.

Man, just one? A heavy duty survival knife.

After that a screw driver.

Of course as far as shop tools...a level, square, sander, drill press.

Picking one is just too hard.

common sense? :scared2:

Along the line what Jon said - ability to figure out what you need to get a task done. Depending on how efficient you want to be, tools can range from just a few tools to many. Once you see the benefit of having a right tool for every task, you might argue that all those are the must-have tools.

M

Most might choose a knife of some kind.
One of my friends can be a tool sometimes... That count?

If your friend is a "tool" I suppose so. ;) I just wanted to see what people would say.

pocket knife -- sog assisted opening -- time to upgrade?

Nogent Peltex Spatula, Gray Kunz spoon, my most used tools by far. Hmmm rehandled peltex sounds nice.....

My SAK Treker, which I carry in my bunker gear. I've used it at almost every MVC, many medicals, and a few fires. Not to mention countless other tasks around home and the hall.

iPhone, kitchen knives (all of them, including those I haven't bought yet).

Must have tools...yes.

Must have tool: understanding of who I am.

Must have object: I don't leave home without my Swiss Army Knife(though my life is different now, and I need a new model to match). I disassembled and repaired my garbage disposal the other day using only my SAK and a bar I found to pry the case off.

My SOG Trident TF-3, I always take it with me.
At home my iPad

There's really only one appropriate answer to that question.

Besides that thing, though, I'd say my smartphone.

I use my iPhone for reference, conversion, percent calculations etc in the kitchen multiple times a day(as well as to obsessively check this forum) I wish theyd cram a digi and a bottle opener on this thing... A laser would be nice too, for both measuring and burning. I want future stuff now dammit!

Back