Yep, I am hooked already

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muscles

Reaction score
I used the Zensho Santoku 180mm from Maxim tonight for the first time and could not help but wonder where J-knives have been all my life. It made light work of all the veges I could throw at it. Needless to say I am hooked. Maxim puts a spectacular edge on his knives, I only hope I can maintain them at the same level of sharpness. Time will tell I guess.

I haven't used the Nakiri yet, and am still awaiting my Yoshikane Gyuto from Takeshi but that didn't stop me from jumping on one of Carters latest 8.2 sun Gyutos tonight. KAD in full effect!

I need to find a suitable on-bench storage solution for my latest additions to the kitchen. Anyone using a magnetic block?

Glad you're having fun already :) yeah, it's a slippery slope from here on, but then again slides are fun ;)

You are in the most exciting (and most expensive) stage of your j-knife career. You are going to want to try EVERYTHING during this period, and unfortunately for you, there is such a large variety of amazing knives to choose from nowadays making it that much harder to resist.

Remember, if you get too out of control, there is always the 24-hour hotline to get you through it.

Have fun with it.

Welcome! and you think you're already hooked....

Welcome, you got some great knives for a starter.:thumbsup:

You are in the most exciting (and most expensive) stage of your j-knife career. You are going to want to try EVERYTHING during this period, and unfortunately for you, there is such a large variety of amazing knives to choose from nowadays making it that much harder to resist.

Remember, if you get too out of control, there is always the 24-hour hotline to get you through it.

Have fun with it.
There is a hotline #? I need it. Were is it? Help!!!!:help4::evilgrin:

Yup, hotline number is# 310.399.0300.

The guy who operates the hotline number is a recovering addict named Jon.

Good luck, muhahahaa.

The good part is that I already have a heap of stones on hand so I won't need to buy too many more. The fun part will be learning which stones are best to suited each knife and hopefully I won't screw any up in that process.

I'd call the help line but international call costs would mean less money to spend on knives...

Sounds like a good time. I use sayas with a ultimate edge deluxe knife case. Keeps it from little hands in my house. Burl source was experimenting with some cool magnetic holders. Might ask him.

Thanks for the tips Deckhand. I have had a look at Burl Sources first and second attempts and the whole concept looks great. I want to keep my walls clean so a solution like this will need to attach to the side of my fridge. I do have a youngin' in the house so I might lose the "on-bench" storage altogether.

Meanwhile, I'll keep an eye on Burl Sources handy work...

Back