Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for knife set

Or maybe this with some waterstones from him. You can give Jon a call he is very nice. He is on this forum.

http://www.japaneseknifeimports.com/...-wa-gyuto.html

Also look up Sakai yusuke wa gyuto on the forum search engine or google. Reasonable price and love mine.
    Tojiro ITK bread knife I use for fruits,watermelons,bread, etc and only around $60.
    The two above mentioned knives I use constantly, but as first posted can't go wrong with Jon and he is very helpful.

Anyway hope this helps.

welcome!
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Lmao you are a bad man.

Engorged Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckhand View Post
    Lmao you are a bad man.
    WHAT?! Dave Martell just PM-ed me because he didn't know that they existed. I also will have you know that the knife set is on sale so clearly a bargain. Buy Now!

OMG it comes with the 5" LI'L EDGY!!!!!111!!ONE!!

Never a dull moment with Gusto Grips!!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

much more awesomer
    I tried to use an analogy to explain to a friend why I thought his "dream" set of Shuns (block, knives, rod and all) wasn't the best way to get great knives for his kitchen.

It's similar to audio/video gear. There are a lot of very good manufacturers making a lot of very good pieces, but there aren't any that do everything well. One makes better receivers and amps, another might specialize in TVs while a third makes great playback devices. And none of those three make any speakers worth a damn! Sure you can buy a full set of matching components from Sony, Yamaha or Panasonic, but it simply won't be the best you could get for the same (or less) money buy diversifying.
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    It's similar to audio/video gear. There are a lot of very good manufacturers making a lot of very good pieces, but there aren't any that do everything well. One makes better receivers and amps, another might specialize in TVs while a third makes great playback devices. And none of those three make any speakers worth a damn! Sure you can buy a full set of matching components from Sony, Yamaha or Panasonic, but it simply won't be the best you could get for the same (or less) money buy diversifying.
    Same goes for building a computer from the ground up. Just comes down to how much you value the time you'd spend researching and learning. Most people (in any given hobby/field) would rather just trust the vendors and buy the block (or the Dell), than listen to the experts and figure out what they're paying for in the first place.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Same goes for building a computer from the ground up. Just comes down to how much you value the time you'd spend researching and learning. Most people (in any given hobby/field) would rather just trust the vendors and buy the block (or the Dell), than listen to the experts and figure out what they're paying for in the first place.
    +1

I keep trying to tell my family that if I was to build their next comp. it would be better and cheaper. I'll keep with the knives. They at least know I have some that will slice a tomato.