Street Butcher

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steeley

GoogleFu San
Founding Member
Reaction score
I consider these men as noble tradesman in a proud profession .
WARING: some of these photos have blood and animals being butcher if you have a problem with that , then shame on you for not knowing where your food comes from .
This is how most of the world get there meat .

On ward.

I notice that some have a small round in the center of there butcher block.
nmoTN.png
[/IMG]

SuvsN.png
[/IMG]

djtTa.png
[/IMG]

"WARING: some of these photos have blood and animals being butcher if you have a problem with that , then shame on you for not knowing where your food comes from ."
This warning should be used more often.

More street butchers, please.

zjFKu.png
[/IMG]

ncuEW.png
[/IMG]

this guy i like .
looks like he deck you but pick you up after
and buy drinks all night.

3txz0.png
[/IMG]

old timey

the tool
XCNoA.jpg
[/IMG]

the men , the abattor
fwiA.jpg
[/IMG]

BOTeY.jpg
[/IMG]

Great post Steeley, I feel very proud in the food industry, honouring tradition and travelling back in time through food. We are very fortunate, an industry that has embraced modern advances and yet still honours the past, hold your knives with pride people :knife:

s3aRP.png
[/IMG]

now Soho
aMrUC.png
[/IMG]

my restaurant was right around the corner from that crochetty old guy. They almost went out of business, because nobody needed a butcher anymore. The hipsters saved them, that's why you see those free range chicken signs and the I gotcha steaks. They are truly old school and they had to adapt to survive. I highly recommend giving them a try.On Elizabeth st. in Little Italy.[video=vimeo;3476492]http://vimeo.com/3476492[/video]

I love Moe .
that is a great video thank you for sharing Son

Wow imagine living in a time when I butcher wore a top hat or a vest and bow tie! It's neat to see that next to the first guy that's shirtless except for his apron. It's sad to say but I've only met one actual butcher in my life, not the guy that sits behind the meat counter at the supermarket, but a Muslim guy a few towns over that actually butchered his own stuff. It was great to be able to go I'm tell him what I wanted for dinner and have him not only recommend a cut but cut it in front of me... Wish I was back there now.

Dam now I want to go visit moe's meat market. I wonder if he ships?

Back