Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Holy Crap!

The Nose to Tail chef's is a beautiful knife, any chance of seeing an expanded line with wa handles?

Cheers,
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

So, maybe I missed it, but these will still have a convex/combo grind on the blade face, correct? Am I right in thinking it will be ground this way, and when it reaches you for the final touches and OK, you'll ensure the grind/f and f is all done correctly, otherwise it's fixed or sent back?
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Yes, the blades are going to be convex ground, not hollow-convex like the Beta knife Salty has. F and F will be tight.

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

Quote Originally Posted by chinacats View Post
    The Nose to Tail chef's is a beautiful knife, any chance of seeing an expanded line with wa handles?

Cheers,
    I can't say for certain, but there is always a chance.

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

Gotcha! Thanks, Pierre.
    It'll be cool to see who first gets one, from here.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    They look great!
    And to further go with Pierre's point, how is a mid-tech any worse than a knife made by multiple people (most Japanese knives)? The answer is, when done properly, they aren't. A good mid-tech shoul always be as good as the QC allows, because the guy with his name attached to it is doing final QC. In the case of Pierre, his QC is second to none (in my opinion).
    Totally agree, I have no problems with mid techs.
    I believe mid techs, when done under tight scrutiny as it appears here, gives many more people the chance to sample the original makers handiwork.
    Since the machine finishing mimics Pierre's hand grind, this should be an quality knife.
    I'm giving the Gyuto very serious consideration

Best of luck,
    Glen

This project makes a lot of sense for all the reasons Pierre laid out. I can't imagine spending full custom $$ on a boning or fillet knife that I would only use infrequently. But $215 for a knife that Pierre designed and signed off on? Beats the hell out of spending comparable money on a Henckels.