Better source of slicers?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bieniek

Banned
Reaction score
I want a slicer. A sujihiki if you wish.

I havent really found anything intertesting on the regular sites, so I went to CKTG to check what brands did I missed.

I found this
http://www.**************.com/satada27wa.html

I will not buy anything from CKTG.
Is there any other etailer that sells those?

Similarly with Konosuke in white steel.

cheers

Have you looked at Epicureaun Edge? They have Asai Wa handled sujis...I think they are all clad, but their might be some with carbon core...

And if I remember, there is georgeous Bill Burke slicer on their site...but pricey and not Wa handled.

I would talk to Maksim about a Yoshikane--there's one being reviewed as a pass around knife right now in his sub forum. Other ideas include asking Jon to get Heiji to make a 270 suji, which I'm almost sure they could do. +1 on your dilemma re: sources for Konosuke.

Any reason you don't want to buy from CKTG?
Most people here buy from that site...

HBad experience? Check out bernal cutlery too

I'm a little lost with this CKTG thing. ******** is always hidden with stars as well. (Owner correct?) Is it possible to elaborate or will this just lead to a debate?

There's a debate (which is probably a nice way to put it) that comes down to differences in marketing strategies, business tactics, and personal ethics. Probably a dog best left sleeping.

Have you looked at Epicureaun Edge? They have Asai Wa handled sujis

Cheers for the suggestion, however they dont have the size. Im looking after preferably 27cm.

aframestokyo.com

?

I would talk to Maksim about a Yoshikane--there's one being reviewed as a pass around knife right now in his sub forum. Other ideas include asking Jon to get Heiji to make a 270 suji, which I'm almost sure they could do. +1 on your dilemma re: sources for Konosuke.

:) I asked already. He wont have anything any soon.
But if I want to order stuff, I go custom.

Any reason you don't want to buy from CKTG?

Mostly business ethics. I never bought anything there.
Around a year ago there was one thread about the famous shop. I said there that I will never buy anything from that kinda person/business owner.

Most people here buy from that site...

Luckily Im not the most.

So nothing more than that really. Its very personal, Im not going to buy there. But I need a slicer.

any thoughts about that?
http://knifewear.com/knife-detail.asp?knife=35sujihiki270&family=35

If you are interested in the Kono white #2, just get the Sakai Yusuke #2 from bluewayjapan on ebay. Best value in lasers

Another option that Salty recommended awhile back is a Masamoto KS suji from japanesechefsknife. Fit and finish are probably best described as "functional" but performance seems to be regarded highly.

I was lucky then I guess to find a Sujihiki from Shigefusa at Maksim's store;)

I'm not gonna add too much fuel to the flame here, but what is being described in this thread when it comes to purchases made from CKTG does not resemble mine.
I've bought quite a lot from them, and found both the products and the service to be nothing but to my fullest satisfaction.

what you have in mind?

Bluewayjapan is out oh slicers :D

A Marko Tsourkan, if you can wait a little bit. Can't imagine a better slicer than mine in 52100.

If you need one today, you could do far worse than the Hattori FH or Masamoto KS. Nothing wrong with the Yoshihiro mentioned below, either.

do you know what length you want? as weird as it sounds the difference between 270mm and 300mm sujis seem to be night and day. atleast for me, in my very limited experience using them.i much prefer 300mm for sujis.

Check out EE's Blazen 270 suji.

Check w/ Keiichi @ Blue Way Japan for a Yusuke (on ebay). He sells 300, 270, 240 & 210 suji's in white #2 wa handle (but not much in stock ATM). If you want stainless, he can have them make their Swedish SS 61HRC for a small fee (normally 58HRC). If you want a western handle, I'm sure he can have that made too. Excellent knives, and best value for mono steel blades.

Or simply ask JBro! He's got several options in stock. mpp

what you have in mind?

Bluewayjapan is out oh slicers :D
you can always contact Keiichi and ask him , he can even get you somewhat customized(dimensions) knife at no extra, harder HT is a bit extra.

yup Aframes Tokyo!

nice guys, thanks. This is one of the sites I checked. I even got excited about the tadatsuna 27 in white steel but then found out nothing is in stock.

do you know what length you want?

Yup. 270 it is. I have some other jobs for it other than just carving and 300 is running little long. Definitely 300 in yanagi :)

With the Carter, is the blade length really a blade or edge?

I just got answer from Koki, saying I could order 270 version of Masamoto KS :bliss:

Yeah, but it can be ordered in 270, takes 45 days to arrive :D

I must see that watanabe.
I heard some rumours about watanabe ordering their blades from outside? I mean not producing them... Could that be true?

Back