Mattrud writes!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice One Matt,

Cool read, congrats.

I think there are some new profile pics in there.

Great read for enthusiasts and non-enthusiasts as well. Thanks for helping to spread the good word.

Great article! Ditto on the entertaining pics.

I dunno, I think that the photographer for that article needs to upgrade his equipment.......

Great article! I love some of the comments, what about so and so (who doesn't even make kitchen knives) or, "he's only worked in the kitchen so his knowledge of knives is very limited"

Matt,
Great article and THANK YOU for speak for us Knerds.

PZ

But the comment about the two makers a poster brought up are true. Neither make kitchen knives and Phil has been dead for some time. I also don't remember anyone here ever getting on the William Henry (no such person in real life) band wagon.

I made a post about kitchen knives and the ones mentioned. I just hope that I didn't start a flame war. Great article Matt, well informative and I loved reading it.

I love the article. Who did the illustrations?

Nice job Matt very well done .

Late to the party, but I'll pile on. Congrats on a great article that doesn't speak down to knife lovers but is approachable for everyone else. Well done.

Thanks guys,

The magazine asked me to write something. so I did. The original article was a bit longer. It had two sections on each maker. One about them and one that was far more technical about what they make. But it was streamlined a bit and combined into one section for each. The goal of the article was to get people to know who the makers are, a little bit of information about them and what they are doing. The other goal was to open the door to people who's knife knowledge is limited. Give them something they would understand and hopefully get them to take it the next step. Hopefully we can do that in the future.

Well I think you will get a bunch of foodies going that way at any rate. Good job. I would say job well done, but that won't be known for a while.

Pretty cool deal. Any idea when the new mag hit's the shelves? I checked my Whole Foods a few weeks ago and it wasn't there yet.

I think the editors did a good job then. It was a great primer and people wanting more can always Google it and will inevitably end up here.

hits the shelves on july 3rd. the article in the mag has pictures of knives though.

Back