Myrtlewood Burl Request

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
Someone here had asked for a piece of stabilized Myrtlewood Burl.
I misplaced the message.
If it was you, please send me a PM.

Wish it was me, but alas my request is for some funky Crazy leopard spot palm wood you had seen before. One day....:D

One of these blocks is for you Son.
But it is not in your price range.
That is because one of the other forum members wanted to give it to you as a gift.
I will leave it up to them whether they want to be anonymous or not.
These are the Myrtlewood burl blocks that just came back from getting stabilized.
I picked out the one on the far left for you. I think it is the best of the batch. My second choice would be the one on the far right.
Please send me a note with your mailing address and let me know which one you want.
Side A
002-11.jpg

Side B
003-8.jpg

It took a while because I did not like the Myrtlewood we had on hand.
One day a guy brought in a fresh cut Myrtlewood burl cap.
I cut it up and put it in the drying kiln. When it was finally dry I sent it to K&G.
These just came in yesterday afternoon.

Hopefully, you remember the donor or I will step in to donate. Son is very deserving. Congratulations son.

I just have to say thank you very much, I don't know what I did to deserve such generosity. The reason I wanted the Myrtlewood is more because of the memories it brings too mind. I was born in Northbend, Oregon and left when I was 2 or 3 years old. Every year we would go back up the coast and visit friends and go fishing and camping. I remember we would always hit the rock stores and check out the burl shops along the way. We would go to Qualman's oyster farm and my dad would bring back a dozen bushels of oysters and then we would go see old Mister Potts and he would make us a Myrtlewood clock or a redwood burl table and we would head back down to Southern California. My parents house is full of Myrtlewood clocks and tables. It reminds me of simpler, happier times when us kids were oblivious to the realities of the world.
Thank you for doing this for me and thank you Mark for finding it. I'll take the one on the left and the one on the right.
Thanks, son

My extended family is all in gold beach about an hour north of northbend, grandfather always had myrtlewood in his workshop. Cool to see others giving it a try, stuff is gorgeous.

Yep, I have extended family in myrtle point where my grandmother grew up on venison and applesauce. They had a hotel and a ranch. They still have the Guerin T ranch there.

Back