Quantcast
Hi Everyone from Westchester , NY - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi Everyone from Westchester , NY

So you are where I get my lumber at M L Condon on 250 Ferris Avenue.
    I am in Mt. Vernon, or Fleetwood, to be precise and Mike is in Portchester.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Impressively pointed
    Though my early years of knife making , I must have gotten close to a ton of wood from them . Made all the old yard guys knives for years . I still have wood from them in my inventory .
    Next time you go , let me know and we'll meet up .

Quote Originally Posted by Bill T View Post
    Though my early years of knife making , I must have gotten close to a ton of wood from them . Made all the old yard guys knives for years . I still have wood from them in my inventory .
    Next time you go , let me know and we'll meet up .
    I think City Limits would be as good place to meet.

M

Impressively pointed
    Count me in !
    Promise me you'll bring one of your blades though ! I've yet to actually touch a real Japanese Kitchen knife .
    I went to the Victorinox store today hoping they would have something .... Nothing like I've seen on this Forum though .
    Where does one find such blades ? In a store I mean , where you can compare design and features ?

Hi Bill. I'm a noob here too. Welcome, and let's learn a bunch from these guys and make some even better knives for 'em.
    -M

Quote Originally Posted by Bill T View Post
    Count me in !
    Promise me you'll bring one of your blades though ! I've yet to actually touch a real Japanese Kitchen knife .
    I went to the Victorinox store today hoping they would have something .... Nothing like I've seen on this Forum though .
    Where does one find such blades ? In a store I mean , where you can compare design and features ?
    Dave's thread on making his knives looks like a good place to start
    http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...1st-run/page16

If you are in the city, you can stop at Korin. They don't have many hand-forged double-beveled knives, but their Western handle gyutos will give an idea.