Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi Everyone from Westchester , NY

So you are where I get my lumber at M L Condon on 250 Ferris Avenue.
    I am in Mt. Vernon, or Fleetwood, to be precise and Mike is in Portchester.

M

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Impressively pointed
    Though my early years of knife making , I must have gotten close to a ton of wood from them . Made all the old yard guys knives for years . I still have wood from them in my inventory .
    Next time you go , let me know and we'll meet up .

Quote Originally Posted by Bill T View Post
    Though my early years of knife making , I must have gotten close to a ton of wood from them . Made all the old yard guys knives for years . I still have wood from them in my inventory .
    Next time you go , let me know and we'll meet up .
    I think City Limits would be as good place to meet.

M

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

Impressively pointed
    Count me in !
    Promise me you'll bring one of your blades though ! I've yet to actually touch a real Japanese Kitchen knife .
    I went to the Victorinox store today hoping they would have something .... Nothing like I've seen on this Forum though .
    Where does one find such blades ? In a store I mean , where you can compare design and features ?

Hi Bill. I'm a noob here too. Welcome, and let's learn a bunch from these guys and make some even better knives for 'em.
    -M

Quote Originally Posted by Bill T View Post
    Count me in !
    Promise me you'll bring one of your blades though ! I've yet to actually touch a real Japanese Kitchen knife .
    I went to the Victorinox store today hoping they would have something .... Nothing like I've seen on this Forum though .
    Where does one find such blades ? In a store I mean , where you can compare design and features ?
    Dave's thread on making his knives looks like a good place to start
    http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...1st-run/page16

If you are in the city, you can stop at Korin. They don't have many hand-forged double-beveled knives, but their Western handle gyutos will give an idea.