Hi Everyone from Westchester , NY

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill T

Impressively pointed
Reaction score
Hey everyone , Just found this forum on my search about Japanese style knives .
I saw some familiar names like Del E. , Stephan F. and David B. from Knife Dogs . I also found Stefan's Handle site as well just today , amazing stuff .​
I've been making Knives for over 20 years and never made a Kitchen Knife .​
I've just been bit by some sort of bug and wanted to get into making blades that people would really use .​
Even though I've made many a blade , I know that knives in the kitchen truly must perfom .​
I'm going to look around a bit and see what I can pick up from you , the Experts .​
Thanks for having me , Bill​

welcome aboard bill.....man a bunch of guys from westchester huh?.....ryan

That is the beauty of kitchen knives- they exist to be used. No matter how beautiful, if it don't cut, it don't cut it!
And it is in the hands most every day.

Thanks for such a quick Welcome !
Hey Ryan , Today is my first time here . Are there alot of guys from Westchester here ?​

Thanks for such a quick Welcome !
Hey Ryan , Today is my first time here . Are there alot of guys from Westchester here ?​

That would me and Mike Zollner. Westchester County is a populous county, almost a million people, so three people out of million doesn't make a lot, I suppose, but on the forum with 520 members it is a lot. :)

Where you are at, Bill?

M

Again , Thanks for the warm welcome !
Marko , I am in White Plains . Where we're getting known as the parking ticket capitol of the state :eek:hmy:​
How about you ? What part are you in ?​
I just spoke to Delbert today and he threw some more fuel on a fire that is about to consume me , I just know it :biggrin2:​
I'm looking forward to getting to know you all , and making some of the coolest knives of my career(?) .​
Bill​

So you are where I get my lumber at M L Condon on 250 Ferris Avenue.
I am in Mt. Vernon, or Fleetwood, to be precise and Mike is in Portchester.

M

Though my early years of knife making , I must have gotten close to a ton of wood from them . Made all the old yard guys knives for years . I still have wood from them in my inventory .
Next time you go , let me know and we'll meet up .​

Though my early years of knife making , I must have gotten close to a ton of wood from them . Made all the old yard guys knives for years . I still have wood from them in my inventory .
Next time you go , let me know and we'll meet up .​

I think City Limits would be as good place to meet.

M

Count me in !
Promise me you'll bring one of your blades though ! I've yet to actually touch a real Japanese Kitchen knife .​
I went to the Victorinox store today hoping they would have something .... Nothing like I've seen on this Forum though .​
Where does one find such blades ? In a store I mean , where you can compare design and features ?​

Hi Bill. I'm a noob here too. Welcome, and let's learn a bunch from these guys and make some even better knives for 'em.
-M

Count me in !
Promise me you'll bring one of your blades though ! I've yet to actually touch a real Japanese Kitchen knife .​
I went to the Victorinox store today hoping they would have something .... Nothing like I've seen on this Forum though .​
Where does one find such blades ? In a store I mean , where you can compare design and features ?​

Dave's thread on making his knives looks like a good place to start
http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php?12-Dave-Martell-Knives-1st-run/page16

If you are in the city, you can stop at Korin. They don't have many hand-forged double-beveled knives, but their Western handle gyutos will give an idea.

Back