Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gauging Interest for Leather Strops

Gauging Interest for Leather Strops

I am considering making a batch of leather strops in 11x3x1.25" in mahogany, walnut, and few other hardwoods. Wooden base, no-skid feet, with a nice satin finish. These will be $70 shipped in US.

Let me know how many might be interested, so I know how many to make.

Thank you,

Marko

Name:  DSC_1224.JPG
Views: 423
Size:  12.7 KB

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I'd be interested, also need a new magnetic felt for my 8k DMT plate.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

I have 8x3" felt on magnetic backing. If you want, I can put leather on magnetic backing too.

M

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

Definitely interested!

I will make some with felt and some with leather. These will be available within a couple of weeks.

Thanks,

M

what about something hand held?

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    I have 8x3" felt on magnetic backing. If you want, I can put leather on magnetic backing too.

M
    I know this isn't where you were headed with this project, but I too will take magnetic backed felt and leather in 8x3 or 11x3 if you make any or have anything left over.

Thanks

Just curious if I missed these somewhere along the way?

I have to rent (woodworking) shop time to produce strops on wooden bases, and unfortunately there is no enough interest to produce a batch. I might do it in the near future, just not right now.

I can however produce strops with magnetic backing. These work very well on DMT plates, particularly the larger ones, like 11.5x2.5". I can put together a group buy for custom 4-6K and maybe 8K DMT plates in 11.5x2.5". They are great for touching up or putting an edge on steels with high wear resistance and that can double as a strop base. For these I can produce leather and felt strops with magnetic backing. This is what I use myself.

A little late to this, but I'd probably be interested in getting a nice leather strop.

Quick question - How well does the leather with magnetic backing resist curling? I'm in a medium/high humidity area.