• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Edge Pro Apex Chosera kit

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sashae

Reaction score
I've got up for sale a kit similar to this Edge Pro Apex Chosera kit from Chef Knives to Go, about 9 months old and not heavily used. The kit I have is slightly different from the inventory of what they offer (they don't appear to offer exactly what I have anymore) so here's the detail.

Contains the following bits:
- Edge Pro Apex sharpening system with bag, water bottle and manual.
- Edge Pro 220 grit stone
- 400 Grit Chosera Stone (l. green)
- 1,000 Grit Chosera Stone (d.green)
- 3,000 Grit Chosera Stone (maroon)
- 5,000 Grit Chosera Stone (gray)
- 10,000 Grit Chosera Stone (l. blue)

I've been very, very happy with the setup but have moved down the road of using straight stones (primarily Choseras, which I've been very happy with) rather than the EP, so off this goes.

I'd like to get $250 shipped in the CONUS for it, but I would consider a partial trade for a 4-500 grit stone and/or a 5000ish grit stone.

I can provide pictures for those interested.

Dang Pabloz, you've been on a sharpening tool buying spree.

Dang Pabloz, you've been on a sharpening tool buying spree.

I am slowly defecting away from the hard edge of diamond plates to a more refined edge...you know..."fools experiments".

Seriously! You crazy!

Yea man....gotta try it at least once. Been doing hand sharpening all my life, don't know anything else. Besides, I gotta figure out how Dave can "have all my stuff set up right" and sharpen a knife in a minute. Hell, I can't even raise a burr in that amount of time. He could do 30 knives in a 1/2 hour and I though I was kicking it at 50 in a day. I would've bought your stones too if I did own them already. Next it will be the Jnats and Coticules. All in the tradition of OCD.

I have no freehand expertise, but the EP Apex with Choseras is quite cool. It's surprisingly easy to nail a bevel with the Sharpie trick and bring out a perfectly smooth edge. The Choseras are overkill on German and French steel; next time I'll stop at the stock EP 400, or possibly the Chosera 1000 as the 3000 seems too smooth for the soft steel. On my blue-2 nakiri it is almost effortless to progress through the kit to 10,000. OTOH, I have yet to try it on any truly asymmetrical blades.

Hey, I would be interested in viewing some pictures. I currently have an edge pro-pro series sharpener.

Back