I offer my apologies...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PierreRodrigue

Reaction score
I received a note from a friend, who brought to light some of my recent posts, and that they have been short and to the point. Well I read through a few of them, and you know, I have to agree with him. Work has been stupid busy as of late, I am entertaining the notion of a career change, going from a surveyor, and stepping up to an oilfield consultant overseeing different surveyors from different companies, and co-ordinating projects in that capacity. Things are about 85% there. It would be huge for me and my family if this come through.

So that, working 80 to 90 hours a week, trying to finish a few knives here and there, ordering materials, and supplies, keeping things in order around the house, well I am sure there are a few here who understand all this much to well.

Ok to the point. Some here have asked questions, made comments all in good nature, only to receive a couple few word answers from me. I would like to pause and say I am sorry. I hope none of my comments were taken as snotty, off the cuff or arrogant. I in no way intended to come off sounding like an ass! I have been juggling a boat load this last while, and in trying to give all aspects a piece of my time, that time has grown short, so in typing an answer, the full answer in my head, got real short by the time I started tapping keys, it made full sense as I typed, but in reading back, I see I have provided answers that do seem snippy. Again forgive me.

I will answer most questions posed by anybody here any time, so feel free to ask in the forum or by PM. I would prefer to keep to myself and my clients, where I source my materials, any buisness I have selected to do machine work for me, and names of any parties involved in work I am doing. Primarily in a public forum. This is to protect their interests, and an pricing or deals in place. I have done my homework on this stuff, selected buisness based primairly on quality, and reputation, as well as their willingness to do things my way. I will say, all work is being done, and all materials are sourced within Canada, and the US. So my Pro Series, and any mid-tech colaboration, will be Made in North America.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and please don't take anything I have typed in the past as more than the ramblings of someone who doesn't have enough hours in a day to address the things that are important. Without you guys, I would not be the maker you have helped me to become.

I myself have figured that you were burning the candle at both ends. So I figured that time was a very big factor. So I took no offence, or saw any.

Pierre,

If I had thought your replies were "snippy", and I didn't, I'd have attributed it to your having a whole bunch on your plate, and nothing more.

I think it's great that you have those opportunities opening up for you, and wish you nothing but the best.

Rick

Everybody has sooooo much going on nowadays. I'm always amazed to find out that a lot of the makers only do it part time. Everyone's stuff is so nice that I just assumed they did it full time. Anyone with a brain can understand how it is to be busy. Life tends to get in the way -all the time.

Hope you get the oil field consultant job! Lots of good opportunities in your life right now!

I dunno, I think I should get a refund!

No worries, my man!
Congrats on the possible big promotion, as well! :D

What? You have another job? Inconceivable! j/k. Good things come to those who wait. Good luck on the promo.

I received a note from a friend, who brought to light some of my recent posts, and that they have been short and to the point. Well I read through a few of them, and you know, I have to agree with him. Work has been stupid busy as of late, I am entertaining the notion of a career change, going from a surveyor, and stepping up to an oilfield consultant overseeing different surveyors from different companies, and co-ordinating projects in that capacity. Things are about 85% there. It would be huge for me and my family if this come through.

So that, working 80 to 90 hours a week, trying to finish a few knives here and there, ordering materials, and supplies, keeping things in order around the house, well I am sure there are a few here who understand all this much to well.

Ok to the point. Some here have asked questions, made comments all in good nature, only to receive a couple few word answers from me. I would like to pause and say I am sorry. I hope none of my comments were taken as snotty, off the cuff or arrogant. I in no way intended to come off sounding like an ass! I have been juggling a boat load this last while, and in trying to give all aspects a piece of my time, that time has grown short, so in typing an answer, the full answer in my head, got real short by the time I started tapping keys, it made full sense as I typed, but in reading back, I see I have provided answers that do seem snippy. Again forgive me.

I will answer most questions posed by anybody here any time, so feel free to ask in the forum or by PM. I would prefer to keep to myself and my clients, where I source my materials, any buisness I have selected to do machine work for me, and names of any parties involved in work I am doing. Primarily in a public forum. This is to protect their interests, and an pricing or deals in place. I have done my homework on this stuff, selected buisness based primairly on quality, and reputation, as well as their willingness to do things my way. I will say, all work is being done, and all materials are sourced within Canada, and the US. So my Pro Series, and any mid-tech colaboration, will be Made in North America.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and please don't take anything I have typed in the past as more than the ramblings of someone who doesn't have enough hours in a day to address the things that are important. Without you guys, I would not be the maker you have helped me to become.

Pffffft.

-AJ

As in "pfffft, don't sweat it man, no apology needed."

-AJ

Thanks guys, I hoped you saw right through it. Thanks for the kind words, and best wishes!

Best damn forumites on the inter-web!

I've always found you pretty friendly, for a bear:D
Serriously good luck with all your new ventures hope you find lots of time for knives. If you get a pay rise i think you should treat yourself to a power hammer.

+1 to the 'don't sweat it side'. I have direct experience PMing you within the last week, and your response was 110% fine.....you answered the question with plenty of explanation....couldn't criticize it one bit.

And....for what its worth....I think criticizing the 'tone' of someones posts is a slippery slope best avoided. How can anyone determine you are 'arrogant or snotty' from the length of your post alone? Forget it.....tell the friend to get over themselves. You're an important resource here....I hope you continue to be but best of luck If you decide to change professions!

No worries.
Best of luck on your career move and your exciting new products!

You are only forgiven if you take me fishing when I can conceivably get my @ss up to canada! :D

And a big heaping of interweb luck on your promotion.

Best of luck Pierre!!!! I know we have little interaction, but if i thought you were being a butthole, i would tell you :)

Back