Quantcast
Knife Style Productions
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knife Style Productions

Knife Style Productions

So after weeks of trying to get Verizon to hook up my Fios and local reps screwing me around not taking care of business, a rep directly at Verizon named Mike restored some of my faith in large company customer service by getting it resolved in 2 days and saving me nearly half off my bill every month for a year. I can actually view the forums from something bigger than my outdated Blackberry.

Anyway, looks good Dave, nice and clean. So enough of that, on to the knives!

What are your plans for knife production. I looked through your thread with the gyutos. I am looking for a suji in Carbon with Western handle like I mentioned in another thread. Really want another handle from you and a higher quality carbon blade. Wondering if you have any suji's in the works.

Thanks, glad to be able to check out all the new work all the way around.

Bryan

You've come to the right place brotha! :biggrin2:

On the first run of knives that I'm making I'll be doing the following...

240mm gyutos wa & western

300mm sujis wa & western

All carbon > O-1

Rc 61 (projected target)

The suji design is really neat, it's meant to be both an in the air slicer + board use knife. It's got enough height for proper knuckle clearance and the good belly that I believe will suit both needs. It has 300mm of cutting edge - both styles.

Here's the suji designs...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P10100101.jpg‎
Views:	44
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	218  

Oh and I'm 100% certain that any western handle that I do now will make the one you got before look like poopoo.

Dave, I don't know if this has been asked yet, what will the thickness of the 300mm suji be? I'm hoping for something a tad beefier to compliment my 270mm Konosuke.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Oh and I'm 100% certain that any western handle that I do now will make the one you got before look like poopoo.
    NO ******* WAY???!!!

How are they going to be different and better???!!! I love the handle on my Hiromoto AS that you did!

Dave - are you going to have some kind of bolster on your western knives?
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Dave, I don't know if this has been asked yet, what will the thickness of the 300mm suji be? I'm hoping for something a tad beefier to compliment my 270mm Konosuke.

I can't say a measurement yet as I don't know this (I know fingertip feel) but I wasn't thinking beefy knife, more thin I would think. Maybe I could do a custom type one for you? I couldn't guarantee a number though, just a range maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by mhlee View Post
    NO ******* WAY???!!!

How are they going to be different and better???!!! I love the handle on my Hiromoto AS that you did!

Dave - are you going to have some kind of bolster on your western knives?

LOL - All I meant was that since Brian was one of the very first re-handles I did I'm pretty sure that I can do better now.

Now for the first 12 knives, they will have something special for bolsters (my way of saying thanks for the pre-orders to help me get going), the following western handles may or may not have any bolsters at all, I'm not sure on that. I lean towards having bolsters though.

Now for the first 12 knives, they will have something special for bolsters (my way of saying thanks for the pre-orders to help me get going), the following western handles may or may not have any bolsters at all, I'm not sure on that. I lean towards having bolsters though.
    Bolsters and butt caps would be pretty special
    "Experience" is what you get when you don't get what you want.

I can't say a measurement yet as I don't know this (I know fingertip feel) but I wasn't thinking beefy knife, more thin I would think. Maybe I could do a custom type one for you? I couldn't guarantee a number though, just a range maybe.
    Just hoping for something not a total lazer. Thin is OK. I'll just have to wait and see!

+ Reply to Thread