Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Instant Food

A slice of como bread toasted in a cast iron pan in olive oil till crispy around the edges, rubbed with a garlic clove.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Not sure if it's really instant, but toast, tomato, and avocado hit with a bit of cayenne and sea salt satisfies pretty dang well.

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post
    Lately:
    beemster cheese
    garlic flavored sesame sticks
    grapefruit juice, watered down, with a little bit of salt
    Beemster...god I love that stuff. I used to work with a Dutch Chef and he used to break off a hunk every other night after service along with a few bottles of red and some toast points....mmmmmmmmmm!

OH yeah. I just got a wedge of Beemster Graskaas last week. My toddler asked to eat it every day.

This thread is making me hungry.

Sourmilk in a bowl, mix in talkkuna flour and enjoy. Add berries or honey if you like it sweet. This is as instant as it gets, it's almost embarrassing to post this in a cooking forum.
    Salted raw salmon (gravlax in Swedish) with dill and dark bread. Can be regular rye or that sweet syrupy stuff the swedes like. Put some cream cheese too.
    Pickled cucumber with sour cream and honey. I was horrified when I first saw this on a plate but now I'm hooked. Clever Russians.

Not instant, but pretty quick, is red lentils with onion, crushed tomato and oregano. I don't know what it's properly called since it was originally just an emergency recipe. Can be used for anything in place of canned beans. Great with crackers, works with salad too.
    Stir-fried vegetables with noodles.
    Noodle soup, assuming you already have stock for the broth.
    Pasta & green pesto.