Quantcast
paring knife - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: paring knife

thanks. Looks good, but i like round, long handles, like the Shun D handles. Just not crazy about shun at this point in time. I did like the the petty from 6/14, for $125, but it was sold. I will keep looking at the b/s/T section.

Thanks,

Dennis

I have the 8" and slicer from the zwilling Kramer line. Love the carbon blade and the razor edge it holds. If in fact you will be working with a lot of citrus or other fruits, the acids will provide a fantastic patina in no time. (That is if you have the patience to deal with the one down side of carbon steel - constant wiping with a towel which simply should be done with all knives, carbon or not). If you do like the "d" shape handle of the Shuns, you might consider this -http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/shun-fuji-honesuki-knife/?pkey=cshun-fuji

For some reason William Sonoma decided to give one of their Shun Fuji a decent price,plus, if you're in the biz you get a 20% discount on top of that... WHich is exactly why I bought it. Its super thin (but not the thinnest), has a rounded spine and holds one hell of an edge. Yes, it's a shun, and from what I can see not a Forum Fav, but for the size and material you can't beet it.

Also, paste http://www.epicedge.com/shopexd.asp?id=89783 to your browser for the utilty by Kramer Zwilling. It's $70 cheaper here than at Sur La Table.

To Dennis From Dennis: Consider the Dojo. The blade has a unique shape that allows you to hold it several different ways. I use the knife a lot to core the stem from tomatoes before blanching. Perfect size for medium to large hands, plus as noted its made of AS steel. Mark suggested the knife to me and was convinces that Dojo was buying drop AS. Works for me. Not cheap but not expensive either.

As I went to the site I noticed that its Out of Stock. Dread. Might be tell tailing

http://www.**************.com/dopakn80.html

much more awesomer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    One of the most used knives in my house is a Victorinox Serrated parer. Another most used is a Sab parer. Both work beautifully, and the price is right on both of them.
    I've stabbed myself more than once with my pointy little Sab parer, always while cleaning or drying the blade.
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    One of the most used knives in my house is a Victorinox Serrated parer. Another most used is a Sab parer. Both work beautifully, and the price is right on both of them.

+1 on Victorinox...