Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Idea for a 2013 WCG

Idea for a 2013 WCG

I had an idea for a West Coast Gathering, Southern Oregon style.
    It would take a good bit of planning. That is why I thought 2013.
    Plus that gives you time to let your hair grow longer so they don't think you are a tourist.

What I had in mind would be a 3 day adventure.
    We could start the 1st day exploring the redwood forest and look for Bigfoot. (This is where he lives)
    From the redwoods we could make our way to the coast for a overnight beach camp out. There are regular UFO sightings and not that many abductions anymore.
    Next day explore the beaches, jet boat rides up the Smith river and then fresh seafood at the port.
    And for the last day we could go to Hemp Fest. Good music as long as you like bluegrass and reggae.
    Warning; beware the brownies. They will make your eyes roll backwards in your head. (don't ask how I know)

What do you guys think?
    Mark Farley / It's a Burl
    Phone 541-592-5071, Email burlsource@gmail.com
    Visit our web store

I am game!

Hhaha. I'm not sure where the knives fit in but I'd go, if it works out with my other commitments.

I dunno about the details, but I would love to be there! I can't do the one this year because the wife is photographing a horse show that day and I have to babysit the dogs.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

They can smell a Californian no matter what we do, and my extended family has a cattle ranch in myrtle point.Probably too far for me until my four kids get bigger. Festival sounds fun as long as I don't eat anything. Just got 23 years sober June 18th. Does sound like a lot of fun. I gave up a lot of my freedoms sportfishing etc. to be a good dad, but I think it's all worth it. Hope you make it to the Pasadena show again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckhand View Post
    Festival sounds fun as long as I don't eat anything. Just got 23 years sober June 18th.
    Every once in a while my boss will ask "have you been smoking the funny stuff?"
    When I answer "No" he usually replies "good, you don't need it"
    I don't smoke pot or drink alcohol anymore. I seem to do just fine without it. It doesn't bother me when other people do though. The hippies around here tend to be easy going, happy people. Some might seem a little bit unusual, but who am I to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    Hhaha. I'm not sure where the knives fit in but I'd go, if it works out with my other commitments.
    We could filet our own fish and cook them around the fire Native American style.
    Visit our web store

Just to be clear...the bigfoot hunting is actually hiking through the forest looking for THE bigfoot... not just wandering around Kerby looking for you with your shirt off, right?

"not just wandering around Kerby looking for you with your shirt off, right?"

*shudder*
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

I agree with Spike.

Up until the recent years the Yurok tribe would make sure to be on the south side of the Smith river before dark.
    Seems if you stayed on the North side after dark you would have to deal with the hair covered Boss of the Mountain, aka Bigfoot.
    He was notorious for abducting the younger women and keeping them captive.

Here is a quote from another website.
    "The highest rate of sightings and recovered footprints are in the Northwestern most part Northern California near the Oregon border around the Humboldt Forest, Bluff Creek, Hoopa, Weitchpec, Orleans, Somes Bar and Willow Creek, located between Crescent City to the North and Eureka to the South; between Interstate 5 and Highway 101 on Highways 299 and 96. Why this general location has more sightings reported is not known. Perhaps because an increase in summer back-packers, bikers, campers, fisherman, would-be trackers and the fact that much has been written about this general area and Bigfoot. A growing number of recent sightings have been listed in the Mt. Shasta region of California. In addition, many California Highway Law Enforcement and Forestry Service take these encounters and sightings as matter-of-fact and are for the most part go unreported as public sightings. "
    Visit our web store

Depending on the details, I'd be interested! It's driving distance from Seattle.