Quantcast
FS: Heiji 190mm nakiri, Misono 180mm stainless santoku
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Heiji 190mm nakiri, Misono 180mm stainless santoku

FS: Heiji 190mm nakiri, Misono 180mm stainless santoku

Two up for sale. First, I've got a 190mm (cutting edge) semi-stainless kurouchi nakiri from Heiji. Beautiful knife, easily sharpened and holds a wicked edge. Shows grind marks on the and a spot of patina on one side of the kurouchi surface which I have attempted to show. Nice burnt chestnut handle. I'm not using it enough, so I'd like to pass it on. If someone has an interesting American or Japanese gyuto they'd like to trade, I would consider that as well. Asking $255 shipped.

(That is not a pit at the top left of the photo, just a patina mark.)

Next, a 180mm Misono stainless santoku with grantons and western handle. Nice little knife. The tip does not come to a perfect point at the moment (slightly blunted) which I've shown -- not a big deal but want to be 100% clear on the description. $65

[img]
    [img]

PM sent on Heiji

So Glen did you get it or what?

Quote Originally Posted by GLE1952 View Post
    PM sent on Heiji

No Mike, I offered a Gyuto in trade which wasn't accepted.
    I've already got the Watanabe which you re handled and a Yoshikane Nakiri. So I'm not too disappointed.
    Sure hard to pass on a Heiji though!

I'm interested, new to the site. Haven't figured out how to PM people yet. Do you know what the steel type is? Hardness rating? How many times have you sharpened it? I'm concerned about how thick it is at the edge and whether it will need flattening. Can I pay through PayPal?

Any other information would be appreciated since it's always nice to know the story behind the knife (age of knife, why you bought it, how you liked it, anything unique about the knife and mfr, etc.)

Thanks in advance for any and all answers.

David Levy
    Washington, DC

Welcome David. 1 more post then you can send a PM so just go for another then shoot sashae a PM.

Oh and as for the OP. That Heiji is great. If I didn't already have a shig and a Del (in the works) I would be all over it.

Edit for the question below me: you should see a little Edit Post button right below your post. It must be within I believe 15 minutes tho.

Oops. I meant the santoku. (Is there no way to edit a post once it's submitted?)

Btw, I just learned from my sister, who used to speak fluent japanese, that 'san' means 'three' in japanese, so it is probably indeed the case that 'santoku' means '3 virtues'. It looks like the santoku is the most common 'go to' knife in japanese homes. for the amateur linguists out there, in japanese it is pronounced SAN-to-ku, almost even stresses on all three syllables but with a light stress on the first syllable.

okay, thanks for the friendly advice, man! always nice to have a warm welcome.

Okay, I've posted 3 times and still don't seem to have the ability to PM yet, even after logging off and back on. Sashae, if you'd rather not reply in the thread, could you send me an email at davidlevysixo (at) gmail?

Oops. Never mind. Sorry folks! Looks like logging off and back on again did the trick. As Roseanne Roseannadanna used to say, "Never mind!"