SO thats how to do it

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the second knife (11:15-11:25) is he trying to go convex or just can't hold an angle? Maybe just optically deceiving?

I guess that since he can cut copy paper he must be doing it right...

I find it sooooooooo hard to resist these threads..............must ............not..........comment :D

mmmkay.jpg

I would rather call Mr. Mackey for phone sex than listen to this guy for 5 seconds. I can't take it. It's just awful.

Ya I had to quit after he did the deba debauchery, and that wasn't even half way through.

Ummm.. Is he lifting the spine of that Suji on the back sweep?

Can someone explain what it was that he did to the Deba you guys aren't liking? ** So I can watch for negatives in my own sharpening, which is severely lacking...

Voodoo, just always do the opposite of what he does and you'll be fine.:jumping3:

those vids are such snoozers... explaining the kanji every time like it matters. then the fiasco with theknives he tries to sharpen, just crazy...

Ummm.. Is he lifting the spine of that Suji on the back sweep?

Can someone explain what it was that he did to the Deba you guys aren't liking? ** So I can watch for negatives in my own sharpening, which is severely lacking...

Watch Jon's videos on single bevel knives and see what he does and explains. Then compare it to this video. I started watching this video but tuned out - my brain shuts off when I hear "New-Buh-Tah-Mah."

But, I do clearly recall that his "uraoshi" sharpening is not "uraoshi." If you follow what he does on the back side of the deba, you won't have a concave back after a while.

Should the concave side be sharpened that much? Maybe I'm sharpening wrong... :justkidding: His bevels look really uneven to me as well

Don't we have a thread designated for this sort of thing? I've seen a couple of examples of his work and for the life of me, I don't understand why anyone would want him touching their knives. To each their own, I suppose.

Back