Quantcast
Special Requests - Make them here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Special Requests - Make them here

Special Requests - Make them here

I get a lot of special requests and I think some get overlooked or I misplace the contact information.
    This makes me look like I don't care or don't take people serious. Which is not the case.
    Weekly there are a number of phone calls, emails and PMs from the different forums.
    I thought if I posted a thread here it would give me a place to refer to telling me what new woods I need to get as well as a place I can go to so I know who to contact when I get the special stuff back from stabilizing.

With your help I can become more efficient as well as start getting different woods that you might not be able to find otherwise.

If you make a post here with a special request it is not a commitment to buy, but a place to let me know that you think you would want to get a piece or two of that type of wood if you like the way it looks. I am not looking for posts like you should start selling such and such. But more like stuff you think you might want. I hope I am making sense here. Maybe you will see someone make a post like "I want some stabilized Black Palm". If you let me know with a post here that you do as well, that can speed me up getting some.

If there is something you want, that I don't want to carry in my store, I might be able to tell you a good place where you can get it. A lot of us wood guys share information and look at each other as having a common interest instead of as competitors.
    Mark Farley / It's a Burl
    Phone 541-592-5071, Email burlsource@burlsales.com
    Visit our web store

That really bizarre palm we were talking about

More Black Oak Bunion

That AMAZING quality quilted maple you had a while back.

I have a piece of maple, quilted on one half and spalted on the other, really cool, and I can't find it. I have a gyuto in process that needs it. I want more.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    I have a piece of maple, quilted on one half and spalted on the other, really cool, and I can't find it. I have a gyuto in process that needs it. I want more.
    Now that sounds cool, need a pic when you find it

Iron wood burl, masure birch burl, and you can't go wrong with some sick stabilized spalted maple burl.

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

not a type of wood but a cut. Wa handles are actually pretty small compared to most of the block sizes available, however often just big enough that you cant get two handles per block. If you were able to use some "scrap" to get one wa handle block or able to "stretch" the dimensions of certain blocks to get two handles, everyone wins.

How about some cheap cocobolo burl?

Stefan

More madrone please.

+ Reply to Thread