Quantcast
The wait is killing me!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The wait is killing me!

The wait is killing me!

I ordered my first Boardsmith cutting board a few weeks ago and the wait is just driving me nuts, especially after seeing photos of boards other forum members have.

I'm sure it will be worth the wait but in the meantime I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas.

EBS

What did you order?

You've only been waiting a few weeks, that's just a blink of an eye. I ordered a custom board 12 weeks ago and I don't have the slightest idea when David will be done. I asked for something special so all I know is, I'll get it when I get it.

Yes, I had a long wait, but it was worth it. It is very simply the best. Waiting is relative. Wait til you start ordering custom knives

Quote Originally Posted by Deckhand View Post
    Yes, I had a long wait, but it was worth it. It is very simply the best. Waiting is relative. Wait til you start ordering custom knives
    Amen to that! I'm about 8 weeks out from my custom board order....but that's nothing compared to the 1+ year wait for my Shig Usuba...that I'm only in month 2...

Took me a while to get mine. Just long enough that when it arrived, it felt like I got it for free!

I don't even really remember the wait time though, I've had it longer than that already and will have it until I die or my house burns down.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    What did you order?
    I ordered a Mahogany/Maple combination board.

I feel like a kid on Christmas eve and the clock can't move fast enough!

Cheers!

EBS

Quote Originally Posted by EBSDallas View Post
    I ordered a Mahogany/Maple combination board.....

EBS
    That ought to be a looker. You have to share some pictures when you get it.

It's worth the wait!!! I got rid of my Boos boards when I received my first Boardsmith board. It was so difficult to stare at such a magnificent board not cut on it while I was seasoning it for over a week. I tell everyone I know about the Boardsmith. I'm still waiting for my second walnut board.

It Arrived!!!

I got home one day last week to find that UPS had left a present on the doorstep. The only problem was a bunged up spot on one edge of the box. I opened it up and sure enough, in spite of the foam surround, they'd scarred up a spot on one edge. %^$#% UPS &*%%))#@!!!. I sent several photos to David who assured me that I could repair the damage:

I was extremely hesitant to try this as I'm not experienced at woodworking but David patiently answered all of my questions before I started (and I had a LOT of them).

Here it is after applying the fix:

The wait was well worth it the board looks great!

Thanks David!

Everett