Quantcast
4th Ideas? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4th Ideas?

Thanks for all the ideas everyone! Oysters!! Thanks Deck...I need to find a way to bring oysters into the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Namaxy View Post
    Thanks for all the ideas everyone! Oysters!! Thanks Deck...I need to find a way to bring oysters into the mix.
    Yep, when I was typing I thought that was the one that would catch your eye. I will send you a link.

As one who is allergic to crustaceans, I want everyone to stop suggesting them!!!! I developed my allergy as a teenager, so I know what I'm missing, so everybody stop talking about them!!!!!! Wrap your bacon around your wiener, fer crying out loud!!!!!!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Sorry, I just had to get that off my butt!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

How about a big honking rib roast on the BBQ, you can slice to serve- kill it with tons of great sides and salads.

Main dish:

Salt baked sea bass:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/se...inasaltc_90284

Dessserts:
    Banana (oven baked) with vanilla icecream and hot chocolate sause and Pinapple flowers
    http://annies-eats.com/2011/02/28/ho...apple-flowers/

Hmm.... I will have to use those pineapple flowers sometime. Cool idea.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    I saw Julia Childs do the salt crust on one of her later episodes. I still want to do it. She had to use 10#'s of salt for the fish though. Dam it looked so good, I am drooling just remembering that episode.
    Chewie's the man.

I love doing the salt crust. But one of the awesome things about it is bringing the whole salt encrusted fish to the table, cracking the crust, and then painstakingly removing the crust and fileting/carving/serving the fish.

Trying my first smoked smoked whole turkey to bring to the neighbor's party. Just fixed up an old ceramic cooker and I'm always happy for something new to throw on there.