Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS Vintage William Beatty and Son "0" cleaver

My dad has a cervelo soloist carbon w/ campagnolo record components he is looking to unload for pretty cheap if you guys are interested.

Mike

I am doing the transition switch outs from dura ace drive train to red. Bit by bit if I find good deals. I was a bike mechanic back in the day, and only got back into road biking a few months ago. I picked up a 2007 trek madone 5.5 dura ace, lightly used because the owner was rich and he liked to upgrade, for 900. Glass, I'll let you know. The dura ace components are in excellent condition and for a bike that is 5 years old, it has just under 3000 miles. No drops no racing no crashes. I plan on swapping out shifters derailleurs and rear cassettes.

Quote Originally Posted by chazmtb View Post
    I am doing the transition switch outs from dura ace drive train to red. Bit by bit if I find good deals. I was a bike mechanic back in the day, and only got back into road biking a few months ago. I picked up a 2007 trek madone 5.5 dura ace, lightly used because the owner was rich and he liked to upgrade, for 900. Glass, I'll let you know. The dura ace components are in excellent condition and for a bike that is 5 years old, it has just under 3000 miles. No drops no racing no crashes. I plan on swapping out shifters derailleurs and rear cassettes.
    You stole that Madone. I was planning to upgrade to Ultegra bit by bit, but if you can give me a decent deal on those DuraAce parts that will help me out. I will probably put on a 6700 crankset soon then wait for the rest, my current crankset/BB are not doing well under power.

Actually, I did my research and I might be sticking with the 7800. It is bulletproof. I might not like the exposed shifter cables rather than the bar routed of the 7900 or Sram, but most people think the 7800 was Shimano's best dura ace. The Red does look cool, but why spend more for something that looks awesome, but not work as well as what I already have. I have learned that with knives.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman91 View Post
    My dad has a cervelo soloist carbon w/ campagnolo record components he is looking to unload for pretty cheap if you guys are interested.

Mike
    How much is pretty cheap and what size is the bike?
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

One thing I love about working up a "Touring" set up, durability and repairability out in the middle of nowhere is a must, and that means cheaper prices

I got the cleaver today. Thanks.