• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS Vintage William Beatty and Son "0" cleaver

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazmtb

Banned
Reaction score
Up for sale is my William Beatty and Son "0" cleaver. Edge is 7.25 inches. Excellent condition considering it is over 150 years old.

I love this cleaver, but selling to fund some cycling projects.

$80 shipped and PP to the U.S.

IMG_0114[1].jpg

IMG_0115[1].jpg

IMG_0117[1].jpg

IMG_0118[1].jpg

:beatinghead: Gah, I was just checking my paypal balance and was beat to the sale.

Note to self....always be aware of your paypal balance. Having to check will result in lost goods.

Every little bit helps. Changing dura ace 7800 to sram red. So I need to get on Ebay to get some slightly used Sram Red shifters and rear derailleur. Once that happens, I can sell my existing 7800 shifters and rear derailleur. Just want something new. I rode Sram force and I like how quick it was.

Nice. I am riding Tiagra/105, I might be interested in some of the 7800 parts when you sell those.

My dad has a cervelo soloist carbon w/ campagnolo record components he is looking to unload for pretty cheap if you guys are interested.

Mike

I am doing the transition switch outs from dura ace drive train to red. Bit by bit if I find good deals. I was a bike mechanic back in the day, and only got back into road biking a few months ago. I picked up a 2007 trek madone 5.5 dura ace, lightly used because the owner was rich and he liked to upgrade, for 900. Glass, I'll let you know. The dura ace components are in excellent condition and for a bike that is 5 years old, it has just under 3000 miles. No drops no racing no crashes. I plan on swapping out shifters derailleurs and rear cassettes.

I am doing the transition switch outs from dura ace drive train to red. Bit by bit if I find good deals. I was a bike mechanic back in the day, and only got back into road biking a few months ago. I picked up a 2007 trek madone 5.5 dura ace, lightly used because the owner was rich and he liked to upgrade, for 900. Glass, I'll let you know. The dura ace components are in excellent condition and for a bike that is 5 years old, it has just under 3000 miles. No drops no racing no crashes. I plan on swapping out shifters derailleurs and rear cassettes.

You stole that Madone. I was planning to upgrade to Ultegra bit by bit, but if you can give me a decent deal on those DuraAce parts that will help me out. I will probably put on a 6700 crankset soon then wait for the rest, my current crankset/BB are not doing well under power.

Actually, I did my research and I might be sticking with the 7800. It is bulletproof. I might not like the exposed shifter cables rather than the bar routed of the 7900 or Sram, but most people think the 7800 was Shimano's best dura ace. The Red does look cool, but why spend more for something that looks awesome, but not work as well as what I already have. I have learned that with knives.

My dad has a cervelo soloist carbon w/ campagnolo record components he is looking to unload for pretty cheap if you guys are interested.

Mike

How much is pretty cheap and what size is the bike?

One thing I love about working up a "Touring" set up, durability and repairability out in the middle of nowhere is a must, and that means cheaper prices :)

Latest posts

Back